Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess M32 (MT) can handle a few more torque than 6T30...

What are the project goals (hp/torque/boost pressure)?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure about the Auto but the manual is rated for 290 ft lbs. As of right now I'm not sure, I just want to get it in at low boost 6PSI or so and stable and then push go up for there and see what the motor can handle stock. I have a local guy who said he would do it all for about $5000 but I am looking to do it myself and just use him when needed. So we will see.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, GM-powertrain says that M32 model is intended to handle from 170 to 200 NM engine torque.

And 6T30, 175 NM.

(source: Powertrain Products )

But, in real world, maybe both can last for a while, running far away from these limits... :D

I have an old GM with 116hp stock and about 300hp today, using stock transmission for some years. So far, so good...

Good luck on your project. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm already working on it, pray for me guys lol. It's been done! i saw a thread about some guys in the Philippines that did it with about 5-6 lbs of boost from a t28 turbo. So I'm essentially mimicking their idea. Any tips wild be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm already working on it, pray for me guys lol. It's been done! i saw a thread about some guys in the Philippines that did it with about 5-6 lbs of boost from a t28 turbo. So I'm essentially mimicking their idea. Any tips wild be greatly appreciated.
Would love to see this happen, I have a 1.8l standard trans and would love to have performance upgrades

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,124 Posts
Would love to see this happen, I have a 1.8l standard trans and would love to have performance upgrades
Welcome Aboard!(y)

New manifold
turbo
replumb oil and coolant lines
install a FMIC
reflash ECM etc etc
Better off to trade for a 1.4 and call it a day,

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
20 Posts

This guy has been working on it for a while. Looks fun and awesome. I binged his videos aboot it a few weeks ago. Looks promising!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts