Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
It has nothing to do with being negative, you can make a Cruze perform if you want to spend big money to do it, but by the time you are done you could have probably purchased a used Corvette. If you feel like investing **** near what, or more, than the car is worth to make it a middle of the road performance sedan that's up to you.
It really depends on what kind of performance your talking about straight line performance is not what thia car is about, but if you wanna hang in the turns it not that expensive to do lower it set some sticky tires on it and beef up the chassis and you will go fast around any turn.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,989 Posts
It really depends on what kind of performance your talking about straight line performance is not what thia car is about, but if you wanna hang in the turns it not that expensive to do lower it set some sticky tires on it and beef up the chassis and you will go fast around any turn.

Exactly.

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
You can drop 30000 in a used vette well then you could have bought a porshe it goes on and on. I myself am building thus for circut track look on youtube adac cruze those are 1.8 stock with few Mods.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts

The OP was asking about a turbo upgrade for the 1.8, there is no useful purpose for a turbo for "hanging in the turns" . The Cruze does have a decent chassis so yes it isn't too hard to make it handle OK, again I don't see you being able to compete with performance cars on the cheap, especially with the overall height of the car and it's fairly narrow track width and limited room for tires, but you will certainly be able to hang with or beat similar cars for not much dough. But again, that has nothing to do with the OP

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
The OP was asking about a turbo upgrade for the 1.8, there is no useful purpose for a turbo for "hanging in the turns" . The Cruze does have a decent chassis so yes it isn't too hard to make it handle OK, again I don't see you being able to compete with performance cars on the cheap, especially with the overall height of the car and it's fairly narrow track width and limited room for tires, but you will certainly be able to hang with or beat similar cars for not much dough. But again, that has nothing to do with the OP
yes you right i did post something not relavent

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
It's totally relevant, just wasn't the question asked :). I agree with you 100% and that is pretty much where I am going to stop my mods, handling and a tune.

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
It's totally relevant, just wasn't the question asked :). I agree with you 100% and that is pretty much where I am going to stop my mods, handling and a tune.
im adding everything possible to my chassis to stiffen it up.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
im adding everything possible to my chassis to stiffen it up.

That always helps but tire width will probably end up being the limiting factor unless you go to a super soft compound. I put on some of the braces, the rear sway bar and am going to end it with the coil overs I have sitting in the garage and some slightly stickier tires. After that I just don't see the cost warranting the gains , but I also have another car to mess around with too.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Should read this before considering a modification:

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/enforcement/air/documents/fuelwaivers/vehicleengine-penalty-policy.pdf

Granted, the odds are in your favor of never getting caught if not subject to vehicle emission testing, OR never involved in an automotive accident whether its your fault or not. But are you willing to take this risk?

Will be going against a judge highly in favor of the EPA, and high powered attorneys that work for insurance companies.

How do I know this, for over 30 years was called in as an expert witness. Not just a quick reply on a board, but involves weeks of study and testing.

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
That always helps but tire width will probably end up being the limiting factor unless you go to a super soft compound. I put on some of the braces, the rear sway bar and am going to end it with the coil overs I have sitting in the garage and some slightly stickier tires. After that I just don't see the cost warranting the gains , but I also have another car to mess around with too.
When I autocross ill be using r compound tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lol none of you have anything positive to say about this. You all make me sad. Y has no1 even tryed? Cruze would be a perfect performance car and beat out a lot. Does it take money yeah i guess unless you know what your doing. Im going to do this and ill post a budget for other people to read and do themself or by a shop and get the performance. I refuse to let the 1.8L Cruze go down im shame! Did i buy the wrong cruze yeah cuz sadly my ex gf had a decision into it cuz of my son and i should have never listened lol. But My credit and finances right now i cant simply trade it off. Cant happen so my next step... make what i got worth it. Trust me ill be posting a thread about a budget and shops in MaryLand that can help accomplish a turbo system and internals and what parts swap.

Please keep me posted. There's a certain sense of accomplishment when you do simmering no one normally does and are successful at it. Also i agree it IS worth it. I also gave the 1.8 and i believe no one has even started giving it a chance. I'm sure the transmission and fuel line addition and ECU modification can be a bit of a pain...but essentially well worth it. I already added a cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust. The turbo is my next accomplishment. Then will come the drivetrain conversion to AWD...bht that's a horse of another color...please, again, keep me posted!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
, I've been talking with this guy, and so the 1.8l is a bored out 1.6l from the uk models, that 1.6l has a turbo option, so yes, it's possible and fairly cheap to do

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts