Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.8L W/Service Stabilitrak & Traction Control, Flashing CEL, rough idle, etc. Help!

Got off work one day, hopped in, started my baby up, and she started all these crazy symptoms. I limped her home and parked her. Replaced the valve cover assembly and spark plugs, put her all back together, started her up... Same problem. Ran codes, got codes U0100 & P0304. Thought maybe I hadn't gapped spark plugs properly. Pulled them back out, checked the gap, .028. Ran codes, got the same result. Cleared those codes, I get a permanent P0300. Engine runs fine after ignition for about 30 seconds, then I get the service stabilitrak/tcs, and cel flashing-- engine starts rough idling. Checked all the lines, etc. Replaced the intake cam sensor... Replaced the champion spark plugs I just installed with AC Delco 41-122s, put it all back together. Same results.

The initial codes are U0100 and P0304. Once I clear those, I get P0300. I'm stumped. Faulty coil maybe?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look and make sure you didn't hit and wire they maybe lose ( I've done it:flushed:)
I have inspected every hose and connection I can see under the hood-- made sure every pigtail was secure, no exposed or damaged wiring so far as I can tell-- and no more leaks since I replaced the valve cover. *Sigh*

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I removed both ECM fuses for a few minutes, put them back and started the engine. Ran okay for about 30 seconds, then bogged down to a rough idle and lights come back on again. I pulled the codes and it just says P0304 now..... how do I test to verify if the coil is the problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I removed both ECM fuses for a few minutes, put them back and started the engine. Ran okay for about 30 seconds, then bogged down to a rough idle and lights come back on again. I pulled the codes and it just says P0304 now..... how do I test to verify if the coil is the problem?
Does the coil boot have a spring in it ?
Or is it all in one

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I had the same issue with my 1.8 I4 LT '09 last friday without the dropping revs. Suddenly the car jerks and the stabilitrak and abs lights on and the check engine flashing. Also the car seemed to have lost power and was reluctant accelerating from traffic light but also whilst driving, last but not least the engine was sounding rough. My trusty mechanic diagnosed it to faulty ignition coil and a spark plug change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts