Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm the newbie around here, but I see all these tunes, for the 1.4T, which is understandable because of larger potential gains, and better internals. My question, inquiry is "I'm looking for a tune for smoother shifting, and better mpg's. I know the biggest improvement in mpg's come from driving habits etc... my thing is with the AT in mine, I feel a tune could make it smoother. I would want one, or the other(mpg's or a smooth shifting Auto), but I would much rather have a smother Shifting Transmission. Loving the car though.

Cheers:)

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Vince can and will tune your 1.8. It will include the same TCM tune for the transmission as the 1.4 guys, it will also include some slight mpg and power boosts

Transmission adjustments would probably be the main reason to get the 1.8 tune

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks shawn that answer is precicely what I was hoping for, I been reading that there really is not much room for power improvement on the 1.8 but like you said, I was really hoping for the Transmission adjustments. Vince is with the Trifecta team correct?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.