Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Subscribed, I'm starting to wish i got a manual ECO, I shift a 10 speed semi all day so the last thing i wanted was a manual car, IIRC the ECO manual was 42 and the auto was only a 39 mpg rated and my STANDARD cruze was a 38 mpg. I only do 60 mph on the freeway for 25 miles and then the rest is in city (9 miles) slow driving under 30 mph with stop lights every where. my avg speed is 41.2

My wife's car don't do as well because her work is only 6 miles away, 3 miles city and 3 miles city. it takes her 18 minutes to get to work. her avg speed is 31.8
Hi Silverram.
So if I'm reading this correctly, both you and your wife have the standard turbo Cruze and NOT the eco?
I see from 2 fill ups you have 34.3 and 36.2
I'm thinking about trying one of these cars with an automatic. If I knew for sure I would be in the low 30's with 70/30 driving, I would in a heartbeat.
Still researching things.
I see you also have a Dodge with the Cummins......... I just got a new 2012 Dodge crew cab dually 4WD cummins and a 6 speed ( 3.42 rears )and I'm thrilled with my 16 - 17 HWY mpg's on it.
My other vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the v8 and I get 15 with it on average hand calculated. That's what I'm looking to improve on! LOL
- Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think low 30s is totally possible with 1.4t autos, I'm just jealous of the 40s and mid 40s i see some of these guys are getting.

Click on my truck on fuelly and i have had as high as 23.8mpg out of a 8400 truck. not bad huh.
Yeah, I hear all the time on the Cummins forum how those 5.9's can get really great mileage.
I would love to delete mine to get an extra 3 or so, but really don't want to give up the warranty on such an expensive motor.
I drove a 1LT RS automatic on Saturday and thought it was a pretty nice car for the money.
I would be miserable though if I try one and only get 25mpg out of it. LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Low 30s is definitely possible and common with the 1.4L and Auto. However, low 40s is also definitely possible and common with the Eco. The Eco trims on fuelly.com average ~8.5mpg better than the non-eco trims. I calculated this by hand a few months ago. It would appear that the EPA isn't taking quite everything into consideration when they test these cars.
I've just started reading up on this car, but from what I've read it seems like the eco with an automatic doesn't do much over the regular.............. It's when you go with the manual and the eco that you see a large difference?
All my trucks have manuals and when I'm in a car, there's no way I want to shift, so for me, manual is definitely out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.