Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll. I posted in another thread about the MAF and MAP that I needlessly replaced, but I am needing some suggestions on what I should be looking at now that I have hit 100K. (Hit yesterday.)

I am thinking I am going to have the clutch replaced sooner than later. I thought that the serpentine belt should at least be looked at as I don't know if the previous owner or the dealership replaced it.

What else should I be doing at this point?

I am the second owner of this car. I have been able to determine that basic mx has been performed through the lifetime of the car. I keep the oil changed every 3K. I should note that outside of this PCV issue and having to replace the battery that I have not had any issues with the car in the 1 1/2 years she has been with me. I would like to keep it that way. I really like this car and want to keep her with me and in good shape for another couple of years.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I agree with the belt. Maybe the tensioner as well. Last time you've done a tune-up? Flushed the brake fluid? Trans fluid? Coolant?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
Clutch is fine til it's not. Wouldn't bother.

Replace all the fluids at this point. Coolant, brake, clutch, trans fluid. No need to change oil if you are using synthetic oil every 3k.

Replace the serpentine belt.

Inspect suspension components - may be time for struts/shocks and mounts.

Inspect all essential rubber hoses for bulging/signs of stress. Radiator, turbo, intercooler.

Replace the coolant hose from the tank to the right side of the motor. It fails often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts