Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just hit an interesting (and very promising) milestone today. My EGT sensor failed at 61K-ish miles and I am now just about to turn 162K miles and I realized, I have not needed to replace any emissions components whatsoever since 61K miles. I know that's one of the favorite things to complain about on this forum, but I have said before that when these cars are sorted out properly, they are extremely reliable. I think it's actually amazing I made 100K miles without any emissions/sensor/exhaust component failures. Not to mention I've never had any issues with the engine, transmission, fuel injectors, glow plugs, fuel pumps, turbo... I just want to say to the engineers and all other people responsible for making this car: You did a fantastic job!

**disclaimer - Those who follow my posts will say "What about the manual regens?" Well - no need to replace anything so I am still technically correct in my statement.

Now we will see if I can get to 230K without any further issues - that would be 100K with no emission system issues of any kind. Fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Diesel - have you been using any particular brand of fuel; and, are you using fuel additives or treatments?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats, Agreed that these cars are engineered well, I plan to follow you to 100K without emission problems. It might take me a wee bit longer.

Reactions: diesel

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,297 Posts
Woo is that Kilometers or Miles ? Anyway That's Nice !

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Diesel - have you been using any particular brand of fuel; and, are you using fuel additives or treatments?
No particular brand per-se but most often I fill at a particular Gulf and Shell station along my usual travel routes. I think the fuel is B5 or lower. I've never added anything but fuel to the tank.

Woo is that Kilometers or Miles ? Anyway That's Nice !
Miles

Reactions: Gator

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Congrats on so many miles and sharing all that you do on the forum about the diesel. When I joined the forum when I had my 14 Eco, reading about your experiences as well as other CTD owners caused me to want to switch over to the CTD. It is an amazing car and getting ready for a road trip today to go visit my parents for Easter. I am hoping you continue to drive your car for many more miles and look forward to reading about it. In my opinion for a first generation Cruze with a Diesel engine your car has been nothing short of AMAZING.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Just hit an interesting (and very promising) milestone today. My EGT sensor failed at 61K-ish miles and I am now just about to turn 162K miles and I realized, I have not needed to replace any emissions components whatsoever since 61K miles. I know that's one of the favorite things to complain about on this forum, but I have said before that when these cars are sorted out properly, they are extremely reliable. I think it's actually amazing I made 100K miles without any emissions/sensor/exhaust component failures. Not to mention I've never had any issues with the engine, transmission, fuel injectors, glow plugs, fuel pumps, turbo... I just want to say to the engineers and all other people responsible for making this car: You did a fantastic job!

**disclaimer - Those who follow my posts will say "What about the manual regens?" Well - no need to replace anything so I am still technically correct in my statement.

Now we will see if I can get to 230K without any further issues - that would be 100K with no emission system issues of any kind. Fingers crossed!
way too go Diesel................ I do believe the diesel does much better as far as repairs needed when mostly highway driven. I still love the diesel but will take something else when doing a short run.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
way too go Diesel................ I do believe the diesel does much better as far as repairs needed when mostly highway driven. I still love the diesel but will take something else when doing a short run.
i think it helps, but for the record I do spend a considerable amount of time in stop and go traffic, and often with extensive idling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts