Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Subject:10381 - Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles - Front Suspension Noise - Expires with Base Warranty

Models:2011 Chevrolet Cruze

This service update includes vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason. It will expire at the end of the involved vehicle's New Vehicle Limited Warranty period.

Purpose

This bulletin provides a service procedure to lubricate the strut assemblies on certain 2011 model year Chevrolet Cruze vehicles. On these vehicles, contact between the strut's top mount and the splash shield may cause a squeak during normal steering maneuvers at temperatures less than approximately 35(ºF (2(ºC).
This service procedure should be completed as soon as possible on involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealer for any type of service during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage period.

Vehicles Involved

A list of involved vehicles currently in dealer inventory is available on the "Service Update Bulletin Information" link under the "Service" tab in GM GlobalConnect (US) or attached to the GlobalConnect message (Canada) used to release this bulletin. Customer vehicles that return for service, for any reason, and are still covered under the vehicle's base warranty should be checked for vehicle eligibility.
Important: All involved vehicles are identified by VIN in the Global Warranty Management System - Investigate Vehicle History (GMVIS2) Application. Dealership technicians should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is essential to routinely verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
Parts Information

Parts required to complete this service update are to be obtained locally. CRC Heavy Duty Silicon™ Lubricant, P/N 05074 (U.S.), P/N 75074 (Canada) may be purchased through your local automotive supplier. There may be additional manufacturers of such products/materials. General Motors does not endorse, indicate any preference for, or assume any responsibility for the products or material from this firm or for any such items that may be available from other sources.
Do not order from General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales (GMCC&A).
Part Number - Description - Qty/ Vehicle - To be obtained locally
CRC Heavy Duty Silicone™ Lubricant (U.S: P/N 05074; Canada: P/N 5074)As Req'd

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
My Cruze experiences this problem occasionally. It's been below 30 degrees over nights and sometimes when I drive early in the morning I've been hearing this noise. It sounds awful, will be taking it into get this checked on the first oil change

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did I just get lucky or what? I don't know about this issue, as there are no VIN ranges listed. But, my VIN is in between the other two, so I guess I got luck? Mine is 7106203.

Your Cruze has #10381 (suspension) and #10354 (labels) that need to be performed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'll have the suspension checked out at the first oil change or sign of noises. No noise so far and it was cold this morning. I didn't see my VIN in the range for the labels, but it doesn't matter. I looked for them and they are there. Also, ran my Cruze through a high pressure full service wash today for the first time and no trunk leaks. Knocking on wood!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...we (Tucson, AZ) just got down to 32°F this morning, and I noticed the sqweek...for the first time. Guess our Chevy dealership will take care of this when I take her in for first engine-oil change.

...gonna get down into the 20's tonight.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is this going to be a recurring problem? due to a minor design flaw..or will the grease stay in place for years>>>just wondering...
The tech is instructed to pull the top boot back and spray the inside with the lube. The boot will keep the lube from coming out, so this shouldn't need to be done again, if it is done correctly the first time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Adding this to the list of issues to address during my first oil change. Feeling a little frustration about all the issues I have been finding with my new car...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I knew this was a possibility. This is my fifth GM product I have owned in the last six years and I have never had any unexpected quality issues. This is also a model that has been out in other markets with almost the exact same configuration that I have and yet there are these little problems cropping up.

No worries. I would rather have these little things addressed like GM is doing than ignored like other companies seem to frequently do. *cough* toyota *cough*

·
Registered
9 Posts
Having all the same Issues

My Black Turbo is experiencing the issues mentioned here and I have only had it a week today. My steering wheel squeaks like crazy where the wheel meets the column, I here a loud grinding noise from the front left (right side if looking out)when I turn the wheels, and today it missed shifts
a couple of times then shifted hard there after. If these TSB's as you call them are available to the dealership then why are they not performing all of these fixes before the customer takes delivery. They had my car for 5 days after they took delivery and before I picked it up. I don't understand why these issues were not addressed. This is my first GM car since 1984 and at present I am starting to regret my purchase. I do not want to spend half my time in the dealership versus driving the car. The Cruze has been sold overseas for a number of years so it can hardly be called a first run car. I have printed out all of the TSB's listed here and will insist my dealership check each and every one while the car is there. I do not want to continually keep returning to the dealer for issue after issue. Thankfully my trunk isn't leaking, yet.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
My Black Turbo is experiencing the issues mentioned here and I have only had it a week today. My steering wheel squeaks like crazy where the wheel meets the column, I here a loud grinding noise from the front left (right side if looking out)when I turn the wheels, and today it missed shifts
a couple of times then shifted hard there after. If these TSB's as you call them are available to the dealership then why are they not performing all of these fixes before the customer takes delivery. They had my car for 5 days after they took delivery and before I picked it up. I don't understand why these issues were not addressed. This is my first GM car since 1984 and at present I am starting to regret my purchase. I do not want to spend half my time in the dealership versus driving the car. The Cruze has been sold overseas for a number of years so it can hardly be called a first run car. I have printed out all of the TSB's listed here and will insist my dealership check each and every one while the car is there. I do not want to continually keep returning to the dealer for issue after issue. Thankfully my trunk isn't leaking, yet.

oh boy, where to start...
you bought a first run model, it's going to have issues. yes the car/platform IS a world car and has been sold, alot of these parts are being developed and assembled for the first time here in the US so while major kinks are worked out, minor things are going to crop up.

depending on when you purchased the car, the TSB may not have been out yet, most of the current TSB's were released in the past 1-3 weeks, perhaps AFTER you took delivery. also they are not RECALLS, they're Technical Service Bulletins which just helps service advisors and technicians fix your issue quicker and fix it correctly.

and to add, because you made it seem like its a widespread issue.. only 1 report so far on this forum of a leaky trunk (and it was from a pre-production test model, not a customer car)

·
Registered
193 Posts
It is a first year car and I'm not having the TSB issues yet, so I can't complaint. But, it does concern me there are already so many issues with some of them. I guess I'm lucky, because the same thing happened with the 2011 Mustang GT and I had the first one that arrived on the lot I buy from that had the Brembo package. So far, no issues with it either, but many with the early builds have had mutliple issues. The good thing is that the manufacturers seem to be addressing problems right away, rather than sit on them and wait for disasters to happen.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So....when the spray dissipates, then what? To me, this is an error in design and part material that will continue to cause wear.
have to agree...i had it done..still hear a noise...materials rubbing against material will not go away with a spray of silicone...doesn't make sense that the fix is a spray which will get rubbed/squeezed away again...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.