Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Cruze second hand, pre owned certified... I've had it three months now and the dealership has reenacted the problem once but sent me on my way because "it's fine". When I turn my wheel either way, driving, in park, or in reverse, I have a constant grinding noise that sounds like it's coming from under the glove box. This doesn't seem "fine" to me. What could this be?!

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
That's not "fine". The steering rack is just in front of the cabin firewall at the bottom of the engine bay. It sounds to me like there's a problem with the steering rack.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Well I read that in May of 11 there was a recall on that and they said it was taken care of on my car.
It's possible something has gone wrong with the steering rack. If I remember correctly the recall didn't replace the steering rack. Given this problem and your cold air problem I would strongly recommend you PM Chevy Customer Care here on CruzeTalk and find a different dealer. Chevy Customer Care will need your VIN and contact information. They can also double check the recall status for you.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
KrystasKRUZE11,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. Thank you Obermd for the referral. I look forward to your private message.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought my Cruze second hand, pre owned certified... I've had it three months now and the dealership has reenacted the problem once but sent me on my way because "it's fine". When I turn my wheel either way, driving, in park, or in reverse, I have a constant grinding noise that sounds like it's coming from under the glove box. This doesn't seem "fine" to me. What could this be?!
Is it very cold or cold and humid when it makes the noise? There is a service bulletin for lubricating the strut mounts 10381 for this condition if so, but if it hasn't been cold this isn't the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.