Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2012 Cruze LS 1.8L Auto with 110k miles. Just noticed this leak. Seems to be semi red, semi clear odorless fluid leaking from a certain hose up front. Looks like the hose leads from the trans (?)(under the battery) to the radiator (?). Just wanted to know if anyone can pin point what may be leaking? I've just had my temp sensor replace about 2k miles ago (failed) from a Chevy dealer. Could this be related?

Here is where it is leaking on the 'floor' of the engine bay. Right under the drive side head light.
Engine Auto part Technology Automotive engine part Electronic device

A better look:
Auto part Wire Automotive fuel system

The color of the fluid on a white napkin:
Leaf Paper Paper product Origami paper Origami

The hose the leak is coming from, my finger is on it:
Auto part Fuel line Pipe Engine Suspension

The odorless smell and location of the hose makes me believe it may be a coolant leak, but I couldn't find any thread regarding this exact leak. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Dust/dirt does not adhere to coolant......you photo shows a trans cooler line leaking. The leak point in the photo is generally where they fail.....the hose to barb interface.

Cooler line failures are more common when operated in colder climates....like the Midwest and North.

Rob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dust/dirt does not adhere to coolant......you photo shows a trans cooler line leaking. The leak point in the photo is generally where they fail.....the hose to barb interface.

Cooler line failures are more common when operated in colder climates....like the Midwest and North.

Rob
Thanks Rob. Definitely getting colder here in Chicago. Do you have a part number or know if this can be an easy DIY fix?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Reactions: OpenSource300

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could this in any way be related to Special Coverage 14773 - Coolant leak, drip on auto trans shifter grommet?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Could this in any way be related to Special Coverage 14773 - Coolant leak, drip on auto trans shifter grommet?

No, sorry bout that......entirely different leak point.

As you can see in my sig we are experiencing the same weather.....and, my 12 eco had the same failure.
Traded it in though so the dealer took care of it prior to resale.

Not knowing your capabilities I really cannot say if this is a DIY job but it certainly is not the most difficult service to perform.

Rob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No, sorry bout that......entirely different leak point.

As you can see in my sig we are experiencing the same weather.....and, my 12 eco had the same failure.
Traded it in though so the dealer took care of it prior to resale.

Not knowing your capabilities I really cannot say if this is a DIY job but it certainly is not the most difficult service to perform.

Rob
Wow, I work less than 10 miles away from you lol. One last question, in your opinion, could this be related to a dealer error replacing the temp sensor? I seen in another thread a sensor is nearby one of these lines.

If not, I think I have my work cut out for me with this diy. Thankfully this forum is amazing and has a lot of write ups.

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Wow, I work less than 10 miles away from you lol. One last question, in your opinion, could this be related to a dealer error replacing the temp sensor? I seen in another thread a sensor is nearby one of these lines.

If not, I think I have my work cut out for me with this diy. Thankfully this forum is amazing and has a lot of write ups.

I cannot imagine sensor replacement would have anything to do with this failure. Judging by the photos, it has been a rather long term leak due to the dirt buildup........just finally reaching the point of a drip.

I would be inclined to degrease the entire area (40's this weekend....might be a good opportunity) and, once clean, see if this is a leak that demands immediate attention.
You may find the seepage is so minute (often the case) that you can address it more conveniently in the spring.

BTW....live in DesPlaines, work at my sons shop (I'm supposed to be retired, heh heh) in Arlington Hts.......small world, isn't it?

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts