Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have offically joined the 100k mile club and it took me exactly 1 year with my 2012 cruze eco. I couldnt have asked for a better car. I have driven a handful of other cars within the past year alone and each time I get behind the wheel of the cruze after driving these other cars, I realize how lucky I am to be a proud owner of a cruze for many different obvious reasons im not going to explain today. It is my opinion that after 100k miles the cruze handles and performs just as it did, if not better ! the day I drove off the trailer at the dealership with it. For now all im going to say is that after all these miles this car has not even developed a single interior rattle, not one worn,torn or scratched off piece of plastic, not one tiny piece of cloth on the seat unstitched, not one broken part. No this is a solid, well built, well oiled machine. This chevy cruze has taught me a lesson......

That 1 represents my first mile towards my next 100k worry free miles. * fingers crossed *

This is a list of the maintenance from the past 100k miles.

oil changes every 6k
techron fuel cleaner every 15k
cabin air filter replaced 40k and 85k
engine air filter replaced 40k and 85k
windshield replaced 65k
coolant topped off 75k
spark plugs replaced 75k
oem tires replaced 85k
oil pan gasket replaced 100k

This shows my avg mpg of 49 from the past 100k miles.
I will note I did start to slow down by 5mph to 55mph as reflected by my august avg.
I use conoco/phillips top tier 87 octane non ethenol fuel.
Each month is about 8k miles driven.

March = 48
April = 49
May = 50
June = 50
July = 50
August = 52
September = 52
October = 51
November = 48
December = 47

Janurary = 44
Feburary = 46
March = 48
and rising....

I would like to mention my cruze is paying for itself in fuel savings each month. Over the past year I have spent close to $ 2,500 in monthly payments and thats exactly how much money I have saved in fuel compared to driving any other average vehicle that struggles to reach 30 mpg.

One last comment. I drive the same cruze eco as everyone else I am not posting this to brag, but rather to share my own personal experience.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Good job and thanks for showing that these cars will be a long lasting car.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Congratulations and well done. This should answer the question of long term reliability from people looking to buy a Cruze.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
This is a great example of the payoff that is recieved as a result of following a concise maintainence schedule.

Nicely done and thanks for posting.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Glad you got one of the good cruzes.
One of many good Cruzes. These cars are proving quite reliable as a whole. Individual cars can (and do) have some serious problems. Overall, the Cruze fleet is proving pretty reliable. Most of us on here have minor issues, if any, with our Cruzes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's awesome! When it's time to turn in my TDi, that makes a good incentive to bring in a second Cruze in the family :p

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Nice update, makes me more comfortable.

Love(d) my Lexus but after 100k plastic pieces were breaking everywhere. I'm sure the AZ sun is the culprit. Curious to see how this one holds up if I don't trade up before then.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I always thought calendar age was way more important than actual mileage. At the end of the day, your car's parts are still only a year old. Yes, they have 100,000 miles but with proper maintenance I wouldn't expect anything different than a 1 year old 20,000 mile car. These parts are supposed to be very reliable...

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Congratulations, CruzeEcoBlueTopaz! It’s great to read you’re still enjoying the vehicle.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service assisting Stacy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great info! Makes me feel I made the right decision to buy my 2013 ECO. Hopefully it will take me 5 or 6 trouble free years to hit the 100k mark

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
That kind of milage makes me think that it is mostly highway miles, which is actually easier on the car. Still, it is very impressive to go that many miles with little one in the way of repairs. Hoping to hear from you a year from now when you have the next 100k racked up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts