Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I purchased this car used, and the last remaining CEL I have to fix, (If memory serves me right..) is a P069E. My shutters were damaged, and since the car will most likely have a FMIC at some point, I just chose to remove them. The CEL bugs me, so after searching, I see that replacing the driver module with a non-eco module should do the trick. The part number I think I should be using for the replacement is: 20867260. There are MANY of these modules on eBay with that part number, but none are from a 1.4 Cruze. They are all from a Camaro, Sonic, etc. So my question is, does this module need to come from a Cruze, and more particularly, a 1.4 car? Or will any of the modules with matching numbers, work?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
What module? A BCM? You can't just swap one of these - much more complicated than it would seem. I do remember seeing a thread about this somewhere here. Try doing a search. I'll look, but no promises.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct!

I read through both of those! I know that MIL Illumination is requested from the FPDM for this issue.. Hopefully someone that has done the delete will chime in. :) Thanks for looking for me though!

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a final update. Purchased a used driver module part# 20867260 from eBay for $15 shipped. Plug and play. No more check engine light. Didn’t even have to erase the prior dtc. Now the used module was from a 1.4t Cruze. Still unsure if a module from a volt/camaro etc would work even though they have the same part number. But will be nice to no longer have the annoying cel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts