Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I just wanted to update my mileage for the Cruze eco I drive. With the original engine trans and turbo this 1.4 is still going strong. I have had minimal repairs over the past 5 years and the past several hundred thousand miles have been mostly trouble free with no engine leaks at all. In the past couple years I have really only replaced wheel hub bearings and wheel speed sensors as well as the notorious valve cover. Oh and I finally had to replace the original alternator at about 445k miles. Still on the original suspension. I did have to replace the cat converter which I believe was my fault ( long story ) Anyways this engine is still turning and burning fuel very efficiently I might add. No Oil or fluid leaks for hundreds of thousands of miles. I?m so satisfied with my 1st gen I purchased a 2nd gen premier to drive on the weekends. Anyways I drive 3000 miles a week total but only 1300 with the eco now the other 1700 I use work vehicles. I will try and post a full list of repairs and maintenance over the past 5 years soon. Any questions just ask. I hope to reach 500k spring and 2018. Sorry I haven?t been around much I have been busy driving and being married. I Miss all the old regulars and many people I followed over the years. Oh I almost forgot because I know people are curious I use amsoil ss 10k intervals and always top tier 91 which I contribute both to the longevity of this engine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Hey stranger!

Thought about you (and the incredible mileage accumulation) many times over the last 9 months or so.
I think you last reported a lady had entered your life.......guess so, since you now report you have married. Congrats!

As always, your experience with your Cruze is amazing, proving the engineering (and your careful maintenance) go hand in hand to achieve these numbers.

Thanks for checking in and try to visit a bit more often.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Congrats on the miles. I can’t trust a car to go for that many miles. I have about 250k combined, on 4 Cruzes. They have all been pretty good to me. No major mechanical issues. The 2014 had an Eco shutter problem, that kept throwing a check engine light. Which the car stayed 2 days at dealer, for. One of the days was a reprogramming issue with the ecu. It was tossing stabilitrac codes, and the parking brake light was on. The car went haywire. Thought it was a major electrical problem. Just ended up being a bcm reprogram. Other than that, they have all been pretty good. My 2017 Premier Hatch is much worse on gas mileage. Good thing you didn’t pick that for your business. It would have cost you thousands more in gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I stopped keeping track of my fuel because it was no longer necessary I still keep track of miles for irs purposes.

I have to thank you and many members of this forum for the valuable expertise and advise they offer it certainly helped to keep my Cruze going and educated me along the way.

Yeah within the first few months I also experinced a shutter code turns out it was caused by a tumble weed. I pulled over removed it an the little actuator was happy about being able to move again.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Some truly impressive numbers. As much as anything I'm surprised you're still on the original struts. Must have some nice roads up there!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
it shows that cars can keep going if ppl put basic amounts of money into a car.

a $1000 repair bill pops up and most run away towards a $300 payment x 84 mos

$1500/yr can keep lots of cars goin for 500k miles, if ppl truly cared aboot finances.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Thanks for checking in @CruzeEcoBlueTopaz. Phenomenal results, especially for a gasser. I can only hope my diesel goes that far.

It’s updates like this that help make the forum what it is. Congrats on the recent nuptials!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
That is impressive for sure! I am curious as to why only 10K intervals on Amsoil SS?

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Yeah I stopped keeping track of my fuel because it was no longer necessary I still keep track of miles for irs purposes.

I have to thank you and many members of this forum for the valuable expertise and advise they offer it certainly helped to keep my Cruze going and educated me along the way.

Yeah within the first few months I also experinced a shutter code turns out it was caused by a tumble weed. I pulled over removed it an the little actuator was happy about being able to move again.
I didn’t even know it was a shutter code. I brought it into the dealer, they diagnosed it, and ordered the part. I left the car, they gave me a Sonic LTZ for a loaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts