Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do these work with the factory studs or are longer ones required?
I never ran them, but the guy who did said he used oem nuts without a problem. Only reason I bought them was to see if I needed 12 or 15mm for what I needed. No one offered free returns on $100 spacers so I bought these, figured I could get some of my money back instead of potentially losing $100.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I purchased mine, about a year ago, everything I checked out thoroughly said that anything over 10mm is "required" to use longer studs. That being said I went with 8mm front and 10mm for the rear. A 2mm difference isn't much(roughly .08in), so it's your call/car. Just passing along the information is all

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
A longer/extended lug nut serves no purpose when it's the length of the wheel stud that's shorter. There are fewer exposed threads on the stud when spacers are used. To use the factory length lug nuts it's best to use a spacer with studs. Granted it's a lot more expensive going that route for .0787 of an inch but that's the "proper" way to do it. I'm not trying to jack your thread, just passing along information.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it does serve a purpose, it will engage more threads...that's the whole purpose of ET nuts. The extended threaded portion of the nut will go deeper into the wheel/spacer and engage additional threads that a traditional nut wouldn't reach otherwise....very common when running spacers

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with you on that aspect, my understanding of the extended lug nuts is that they are to be used on only the hubcentric spacers and not the lugcentric ones, as there won't be enough space in the "holes" for the lug nut to seat properly against the wheel hub. Now I've been wrong before and will be wrong again I'm sure. I don't recall seeing if these were lug and hubcentric or only one or the other. That being said, I personally would have no qualms about using the factory lug nuts with these spacers. Especially since the additional thickness is only 2mm.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In this case, they are hubcentric spacers....56.6mm or so. If the stud holes are too small for an ET style nut, then you can simply drill them out to accept the diameter size of the nut, assuming they fit inside the wheel as well. I appreciate the input though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's always nice to gain more information, I hadn't thought about drilling out the hole a bit to gain the extra access.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know too much about wheel spacers but I do love the look they give. If I were to purchase these, do they cause any damage to my vehicle? Anything I should be worried about?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know too much about wheel spacers but I do love the look they give. If I were to purchase these, do they cause any damage to my vehicle? Anything I should be worried about?
They dont cause any damage. I've ran 5/8" spacers in my truck and in all the years I had it, never caused an issue. Just make sure the spacer is seated all the way and your lug nuts are tightened to spec. A recheck about 50 or so miles later wouldnt hurt and you're golden.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I never ran them, but the guy who did said he used oem nuts without a problem. Only reason I bought them was to see if I needed 12 or 15mm for what I needed. No one offered free returns on $100 spacers so I bought these, figured I could get some of my money back instead of potentially losing $100.
Did 15mm give you a flush look I am looking for just a nice flush look and am not sure what size spacers I need

1 - 13 of 13 Posts