Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
When I purchased mine, about a year ago, everything I checked out thoroughly said that anything over 10mm is "required" to use longer studs. That being said I went with 8mm front and 10mm for the rear. A 2mm difference isn't much(roughly .08in), so it's your call/car. Just passing along the information is all

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
A longer/extended lug nut serves no purpose when it's the length of the wheel stud that's shorter. There are fewer exposed threads on the stud when spacers are used. To use the factory length lug nuts it's best to use a spacer with studs. Granted it's a lot more expensive going that route for .0787 of an inch but that's the "proper" way to do it. I'm not trying to jack your thread, just passing along information.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree with you on that aspect, my understanding of the extended lug nuts is that they are to be used on only the hubcentric spacers and not the lugcentric ones, as there won't be enough space in the "holes" for the lug nut to seat properly against the wheel hub. Now I've been wrong before and will be wrong again I'm sure. I don't recall seeing if these were lug and hubcentric or only one or the other. That being said, I personally would have no qualms about using the factory lug nuts with these spacers. Especially since the additional thickness is only 2mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.