Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.
I'm trying to find out which fuse location is a constant 12v so that I can hook up my dash cam and have it remain on/powered even while the car is off.
I have seen several different how-to articles that show using a fuse tap with fuse 6/7, but the wiring I have already has a fuse type plug on the end and 6/7 fuses aren't on all the time.
I have the Rexing hardwire kit for V1L/V1LG dash cams. I'm not able to post links yet, but if you search on Amazon it shows a picture.
I see several empty fuse locations, but I have no idea if they are always on.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Hello folks.
I'm trying to find out which fuse location is a constant 12v so that I can hook up my dash cam and have it remain on/powered even while the car is off.
I have seen several different how-to articles that show using a fuse tap with fuse 6/7, but the wiring I have already has a fuse type plug on the end and 6/7 fuses aren't on all the time.
I have the Rexing hardwire kit for V1L/V1LG dash cams. I'm not able to post links yet, but if you search on Amazon it shows a picture.
I see several empty fuse locations, but I have no idea if they are always on.
Any suggestions?
Try fuse 13, power seats.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd think you'd want a source that the battery saver can turn off if the battery runs low. A lot of those dash cams can draw enough power to completely drain the battery in a day or two.

Reactions: Taxman
1 - 4 of 4 Posts