Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out why the 12v plugs on the Cruze won't "Fast Charge" my phones with an Anker Quick Charge 3.0 USB charger plugged in. I have 3 if these chargers and all work fine in my truck and will Fast Charge our phones. But when plugged into either of the Cruze 12v outlets I am only getting slow charging.

·
Premium Member
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
507 Posts
That's because the 12V chargers in the Cruze don't transfer enough electricity for fast charging.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,553 Posts
How are you plugging in a USB charger?

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
USB charging is a mess. Be amazed it charges at all.

The Chevy USB ports use Apple Charging. Probably 1A.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,553 Posts
Most GM output a max of 15amps from the cig lighter. No more.
USB charging is a mess. Be amazed it charges at all.

The Chevy USB ports use Apple Charging. Probably 1A.
Again, OP is using a cigarette plug adapter, not the built in USB.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Do you have any literature to prove this or give specs for the 12v plugs?
No. The only way I've gotten anything to fast charge is to use a fast charging adapter in a 110/120V outlet. I figured that the 12V outlets in most vehicles weren't capable of fast charging.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Most GM output a max of 15amps from the cig lighter. No more.

Again, OP is using a cigarette plug adapter, not the built in USB.
Ugh fine.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the charger... It’s inductive effects on the 2 data lines. Probably something to do with the design of the outlet on the Cruze combined with the design of the Anker charger.

To fix it? I have no idea. You can try a different brand which is maybe more insulated. Or an extension thing maybe.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
370 Posts
Ive had problums also. My phone would be plugged in and says its charging but does not charge and the battery percentage goes down ?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,553 Posts
Ive had problums also. My phone would be plugged in and says its charging but does not charge and the battery percentage goes down ?
Same if I use the USB port in the center console, if I use an adapter like OP is, I get a slow but steady charge. Definitely no Quick Charge.

Reactions: Diamond193

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No. The only way I've gotten anything to fast charge is to use a fast charging adapter in a 110/120V outlet. I figured that the 12V outlets in most vehicles weren't capable of fast charging.
Works fine in my 08 F150

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Reactions: Booger

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Everytime i have your problem. And it's always the same problem. Time for a new cable.

Have you tried a different cable to see if new might be defective? Maybe the plug also.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts