Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all. My name's Kevin and I have a long term goal with my 13 1LT RS. I'm a huge fan of the Synergy Green color on the Camaros and decided I wanted that color on mine. I've been toying with and modding cars for a while and love doing it. So far I've switched the bumper lights to clear, done a spray on bra on the hood, and finished the interior about half way. I'm up in Alaska and live in an apartment with no garage, so working on things tends to be slow. I'm also rebuilding my '88 Trooper II RS in the mean time. I still have the door panels to finish, switching out the shift assembly, putting in the gauges, getting and installing the DP/MP (ZZP), getting and installing the intake and IC (ZZP), and getting the tune (Trifecta). Once that's all done we'll be painting the outside Synergy Green. I'm working on getting the pics up now.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
That is nice Psychomidgit .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, yes I am

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now I'm having issues getting photos on here with descriptions because it won't let me drop down one row by hitting enter, like about every other forum I've used does.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got it working

This is the day I bought it brand new from Chevy of South Anchorage, which was the absolute worst dealership I've ever dealt with on the sales side. From the lies to the refusal to fix the scratches that were already on it I will never go there again. I would have left without buying it but it was the only '13 1LT RS Cruze manual anywhere near anchorage at the time. Trust me, I tried to find one at the other dealer first.

This is the interior at the moment, the dash and steering wheel trim is finished and installed, the door trim is done and will probably be installed next

I have the gauges to do also, but that will be after I get the DP/MP.

With the outside, there's the bra and clear bumper lights. The main reason for the bra is because up here in AK rock chips are very common. I've patched it already quite a few times since I sprayed it on 7 or 8 months ago.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
So that is what you guys do up there with 3 months of sunlight . Cool , looking sharp .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, I can't wait to get the doors done!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tomorrow should be either the shifter assembly swap or finishing the doors, I haven't decided yet

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So today I did my Eco shifter assembly swap and I've confirmed that the 6-speed shift assemblies are interchangeable! Kinda funny since the dealer told me that it won't work, lol. Then again I also stopped by there today and asked the service department how to adjust the shift linkage and three different techs said they don't know. There's not much confidence in the Chevy dealers up here for a reason, lol. Although I will say that the dealer I go to's parts department has excellent service!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, I don't think I showed me spraying the bra.

When I first pulled it in and taping it off

Taped off

First couple coats

Almost done

And finished

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
You have a passion for your Cruzen .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
brian v: Yes I do, everything about this car has been great, from how inexpensive the parts are to how easy it is to work on. Besides that, I truly enjoy driving it.

Dragonsys: Originally I was going to continue all the way around the car with the bra, I figured it would keep the car very well protected. However, Autozone and O'reilly's have stopped carrying the spray on bra so I can't get any more of it, nor did I have the time to finish it the way I wanted to. Also, if I wanted to do the whole hood properly I would have had to take the underliner and sprayers off, and at this point I really like how it looks now, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Dragonsys: Originally I was going to continue all the way around the car with the bra, I figured it would keep the car very well protected. However, Autozone and O'reilly's have stopped carrying the spray on bra so I can't get any more of it, nor did I have the time to finish it the way I wanted to. Also, if I wanted to do the whole hood properly I would have had to take the underliner and sprayers off, and at this point I really like how it looks now, lol.
Ok, that makes sense. I personally would not be able to keep it like that, but if you are happy with it, that is what matters :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
True, it'll come off when I move back home anyways. It functions well for now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah, did you get rid of the Isuzu?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.