Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So yesterday got the interior done, minus one panel, which I'll be doing when I get done posting this. After taking the door panels off I had to tear them down, which really isn't that difficult. The hardest part is taking the cloth trim off which is held on by plastic welds. They look like this:

I use a gasket scraper and a hammer to take them off. When you cut them off this is what you should have cut off:

and this is what the backside of the panel should look like after you start cutting them off:

Sometimes the plastic will still be held together so I used a flathead to separate the pieces:

When fully assembled, the door panels looked like this:

This is the front and rear, installed:

This is the look of the finished interior:

Earlier someone had said the original silver parts looked the same as the ones in mine now. The ring on the left was painted, the one on the right is originally what came on the car:

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Very nice write up, and welcome to the door/dash upholstered club! Lol.

That green looks sick btw.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you, I like it quite a bit!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I like how you matched everything, it looks good, did you do the upholstery yourself?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
^Ah, I can understand that

So today I put my vinyl bowties on. The back looks fantastic!

The front however, came out terrible. I'm really disappointed with the results. I actually followed the instructions too.

So needless to say I'll be getting the billet bowties! The white spots were just in the camera, but there were creases in it that are really bothering me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The best thing to do for the vinyl is to put a drop or two of dawn into a spray bottle with water. Spray the area then apply the vinyl. Then squeegee the water out. After a couple days the remaining moisture evaporates out and you have a nice smooth surface that will last a long time.

For the "bra" spray check out dipyourcar.com.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I wish I'd have known that before I did it, lol.

As for the bra I still have I think 9 cans. I'll check it out though, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I had them wrapped in vinyl by a shop on my recent trip to Arizona. The color's actual name is Irish Spring, lol. The wrapped and a few of the plastic dash panels came from a junk yard up here. Some of the plastic dash pieces, the steering wheel parts and the plastic door parts came from the dealer, and the wrapped door pieces came from a couple junk yards in AZ. The unwrapped plastic pieces were painted the Mercedes silver.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Man that looks really nice. Can I ask you the name of the shop and how much they charged you? You can pm me if you want. I'd like to check it out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Auto spa, to get it refoamed and wrapped in the specialty colored vinyl was $425 for everything. That reminds me that I need to send them some photos.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just got my EZFlash cable and BOV from Bad News Racing last night! Now I'm just waiting on them to send me the tune....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Finally got it working

This is the day I bought it brand new from Chevy of South Anchorage, which was the absolute worst dealership I've ever dealt with on the sales side. From the lies to the refusal to fix the scratches that were already on it I will never go there again. I would have left without buying it but it was the only '13 1LT RS Cruze manual anywhere near anchorage at the time. Trust me, I tried to find one at the other dealer first.

This is the interior at the moment, the dash and steering wheel trim is finished and installed, the door trim is done and will probably be installed next

I have the gauges to do also, but that will be after I get the DP/MP.

With the outside, there's the bra and clear bumper lights. The main reason for the bra is because up here in AK rock chips are very common. I've patched it already quite a few times since I sprayed it on 7 or 8 months ago.
this looks hella mean!!! What kind of paint did you use to paint the dash green?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Thank you! I didn't actually, I pulled it all apart, got the pieces vinyl wrapped, painted(my buddy actually shot them with his gun) some of the plastic trim, and then reassembled it. But if you wanted to paint it instead of redoing the vinyl you can have a specialty paint shop create a paint for vinyl in a custom color of your choosing. You can also pick up aerosol cans of it in a couple generic colors at auto parts stores.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you! I didn't actually, I pulled it all apart, got the pieces vinyl wrapped, painted(my buddy actually shot them with his gun) some of the plastic trim, and then reassembled it. But if you wanted to paint it instead of redoing the vinyl you can have a specialty paint shop create a paint for vinyl in a custom color of your choosing. You can also pick up aerosol cans of it in a couple generic colors at auto parts stores.
oh okay sounds good maybe ill find some paint i wanna do mine all white including the A pillers
keep up the good work looking clean!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thank you both, next I'll be flashing it and putting my BOV on once I get the tune in. I already have my tablet setup for it. The nice thing is that I won't have to lug my laptop with me to datalog or anything.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Tuned! With the BOV installed. I'm very happy with the tune and BNR! The car isn't as peppy as I'd hoped, but, at the same time I only have access to 90 octane so I'm not too surprised.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tuned! With the BOV installed. I'm very happy with the tune and BNR! The car isn't as peppy as I'd hoped, but, at the same time I only have access to 90 octane so I'm not too surprised.
Nice do u have a vid of the bov? U should post on lol how much hp? Torque? What tune did u go with i used hp tuners and we have 91 octane and 100 octane here in reno as well as 93 right now i use 3/4 tank of 91 octane and the rest 100 octane makes a huge differance u can feel it right away

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.