Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a guy stereo at all. I just bought a crashed '13 Eco with the Bose stereo. Besides the fact that Bose stereo makes the dash harder to find and more expensive (passenger bag deployed), the rear speakers seem to be blown. The trunk had 2" of water in it when I bought the car, so moisture may have caused some of the issue. It's not moldy at all, so I believe the water was the trunk being open during recent heavy rains. I've read on Audi forums that Bose speakers come unglued prematurely, and that flexible craft glue makes a quality fix. The speakers are only about $35 ea from the dealer. Is there a proper way to troubleshoot if the issue lie in the speakers? Are there a better quality drop in replacement for $100/pr or less? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
I've personally never seen a Cruze with Bose speakers.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
That is odd, because my build sheet reads option code UQA - Pioneer. UQA is associated with the Bose system in other GM vehicles, which may be where the confusion lies. Rest assured, you do have the Pioneer system.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
That's Nice to know that the build sheet states that but we would need to see a copy of that Sir.

You more than likely have other problems to go along with the Audio issues besides the factory installed speakers..

I would think that if water was present in the trunk then there is definitely a contamination to many electronic components and the wring harness.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
That's Nice to know that the build sheet states that but we would need to see a copy of that Sir.

You more than likely have other problems to go along with the Audio issues besides the factory installed speakers..

I would think that if water was present in the trunk then there is definitely a contamination to many electronic components and the wring harness.
Do you mean the Heisenberg compensators?

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts

Now you will have to compare these codes with the listed codes in the glove compartment . If the code is present then ahh OK ..

I would thuroughly examine the Amp in the trunk and any and all Harness connection in the trunk . 2 ' of water is enough to warrant a thurough going over and cleaning ..
Pay special attention to the Harness and it's connections .
But hay you have been down this road a few times already . as far as the rear speakers . Aftermarket substitutions are ok to ..

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Do you mean the Heisenberg compensators?
Did you want another trophy ?

The Amp is located in the trunk TomKo besides other connections in the wiring harness .. Take every thing out of your Diesel trunk and show us that what ever you call it ya Goofie Ball .
Ahh .....................

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Did you want another trophy ?

The Amp is located in the trunk TomKo besides other connections in the wiring harness .. Take every thing out of your Diesel trunk and show us that what ever you call it ya Goofie Ball .
Ahh .....................
Brian - I'm still waiting for my first...

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Brian - I'm still waiting for my first...

That's Nice Tomko . Maybe Eddy will give ya 1 or 2 of his when he responds to your question BTW.

Hay Eddy Q Tip and up to AG ... Yeah Q Tip Eddy ...................

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I pulled the deck cover, and neither speaker appears to have any tears. What I did notice is that the speaker's movement is rough as I push down on the cone. I'd assume that means the speaker has some issues with the winding or magnet. I can get factory replacements for about $40/ea, so if someone has a recommendation on aftermarket replacements, I'm willing to give them a shot up to $150.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
I like infinity .. just not the subs .. and yeah those are decent enough for your requirements .

Do yourself a favior and test the signal from the amp to that point in the speaker wiring before you upgrade to a bettter speaker . Simply attach a different speaker that you know functions to the signal wires at the deck where you would install the new speakers .. Trouble shooting before hand comes in handý to solving potential problems by eliminating the possible .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.