Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Honestly, the rear deck speakers in the Pioneer system are just for bass. Just make it easy on yourself and get the cheapest OEM factory replacements you can get your hands on.

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
My (weak) understanding is that higher ohm speakers require more power and heavier wiring.
The amp won't be able to deliver it's advertised power with the higher ohms. You need more voltage (higher powered amp). Heavier wiring isn't needed as the current will be less than if you had 4 ohm speakers.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Those look interesting but they are 8 ohm vs the factory 2.5 ohm. My (weak) understanding is that higher ohm speakers require more power and heavier wiring.
Oops.

They are 8 ohm, I didn't even check the specs.

I got my full range 3" replacement speakers for my Hondaline Kenwood from them. The quality of the speaker was very good (especially compared to nearly 30 year old weathered Kenwood speakers)

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Those look interesting but they are 8 ohm vs the factory 2.5 ohm. My (weak) understanding is that higher ohm speakers require more power and heavier wiring.
Research Ohms Law .. It is a Mathematical equation utilizing Ohms Law .
Ohms is a given resistance to the signal introduced .
Resistance will create heat and temperature extremes .

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Research Ohms Law .. It is a Mathematical equation utilizing Ohms Law .
Ohms is a given resistance to the signal introduced .
Resistance will create heat and temperature extremes .
E=IR I'm familiar with Ohm's law. I don't really need to use it here, since I'm only changing parts not designing a system.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Just giving you some rules that should be considered Gus ..and you are right your just replacing a couple of Drivers ..

Is the amp OK ?

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
E=IR I'm familiar with Ohm's law. I don't really need to use it here, since I'm only changing parts not designing a system.
Well, if we want to get mathematical, P = V^2/R. V is determined by the amp. R is the speaker. P is the power. So 8 ohms is only half the power (3dB) of a 4 ohm speaker. It may not be as loud, but it will work fine. It will be 6dB down from a 2 ohm. (It takes 10dB or 1/10th the power to sound "half as loud".)

Actual sound volume will also depend on speaker efficiency.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.