Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Modern vehicles are expensive, but one way to avoid headaches and purchasing a new ride is by properly maintaining your existing car or truck. As the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Not only can regular maintenance save you money but it can also prevent unexpected mechanical failures. Nobody wants to be stranded on the side of the road in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm. Keeping up with your vehicle’s needs is critical to a happy ownership experience and fortunately there’s quite a bit the average motorist can do to keep their ride running in tip-top shape.
Read more about the 13 Maintenance Tips to Keep Your Car Running Smoothly at AutoGuide.com.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
While in general, I agree with the write-up, there's a couple of Cruze-specific things:

1) Changing the belt in the Cruze requires pulling a motor mount. That makes it a whole lot more difficult.
2) Haynes doesn't have a manual for the Cruze.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice little read. I do most of this stuff anyway.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The fuel filter in the gas Cruze is in the gas tank so it's not easily accessible.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stupid question from a new owner: How accurate is the information from the onboard diagnostics when it comes to tire pressure? Should I also check with a tire guage?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Good question. If your tire gauge hasn't been tested or calibrated, then it might be your gauge is wrong.

I think it's close enough that if the readings show "good", it's good enough. If anyone claimed it was wrong, I'd ask how they knew their gauge was right.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Took me a while to learn this, but it seems my Cruze runs a lot better when I put gas in the tank.

Maybe I should add those spark plug wires as well. My Cruze ain't got those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts