Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the first of March, I purchased a 2014 Cruze. Automatic transmission, 1.4L engine, you know, the standard stuff.
This one has the RS package, and caught my eye. (its the one in my sig)

Not a week in, I'm setting at a stop light, waiting for it to turn green, the car seemed to be idling very bad. I thought, well, maybe, it was bad gas, and I'd fill up in a day or so with the good stuff. So, I stopped at a Shell, dropped a full tank of 93 in.
Nothing changed.
I ran it for another week on the 93, just to see if all the old, bad gas was out. Next fill up, 93 at a Shell as well. Still no change.
2 Monday's ago (April 20th), I took it in to the dealership. At least they could also feel the same thing.
Dealer called to say they had to order a part, and it would be in and all ready to go on Friday. Friday came and went, Called late Friday afternoon, and they said, its better, but still not correct. Another part was ordered, but, it was gonna take another week.

The problem. rough idle while in automatic drive mode with the brake pushed. Foot off the brake, no issues. Move the shift lever to manual mode, no problem. Put the car in Park or Neutral no issues.

Anyone else have this happen to them? If so, what was the out come? How long did it take to get fixed?

Thanks for any input!

Ken

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
The car goes into neutral when in drive with the brake pushed in, maybe there is a problem in this area? This is a problem that is new to me. If your car is a used one maybe the valve cover issue that the 1.4T engine is prone to is the problem?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
At the first of March, I purchased a 2014 Cruze. Automatic transmission, 1.4L engine, you know, the standard stuff.
This one has the RS package, and caught my eye. (its the one in my sig)

Not a week in, I'm setting at a stop light, waiting for it to turn green, the car seemed to be idling very bad. I thought, well, maybe, it was bad gas, and I'd fill up in a day or so with the good stuff. So, I stopped at a Shell, dropped a full tank of 93 in.
Nothing changed.
I ran it for another week on the 93, just to see if all the old, bad gas was out. Next fill up, 93 at a Shell as well. Still no change.
2 Monday's ago (April 20th), I took it in to the dealership. At least they could also feel the same thing.
Dealer called to say they had to order a part, and it would be in and all ready to go on Friday. Friday came and went, Called late Friday afternoon, and they said, its better, but still not correct. Another part was ordered, but, it was gonna take another week.

The problem. rough idle while in automatic drive mode with the brake pushed. Foot off the brake, no issues. Move the shift lever to manual mode, no problem. Put the car in Park or Neutral no issues.

Anyone else have this happen to them? If so, what was the out come? How long did it take to get fixed?

Thanks for any input!

Ken
Hi Ken,

We apologize for this unexpected concern with your Cruze, and we would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Feel free to let us know if you would like for us to get in touch with the dealership at all in a private message. Glad to see the dealership is taking the next best step towards a resolution. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow up on the problem I was having with the Transmission in my 2014 Cruze.

Turns out, it was a clutch issue. There's a Service bulletin on it as well. The # is PI0928D.

Got it back yesterday afternoon. Doing great!

I'll scan my invoice and blot out the personal info, just so you guys can see what it says.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just a follow up on the problem I was having with the Transmission in my 2014 Cruze.

Turns out, it was a clutch issue. There's a Service bulletin on it as well. The # is PI0928D.

Got it back yesterday afternoon. Doing great!

I'll scan my invoice and blot out the personal info, just so you guys can see what it says.
Hello
I wonder how much this would cost if out of warranty? Did they have to take the transmission off to do this? How hard is it? I know I'm not a transmission expert by no means. But I could weld & do all suspension stuff. Good luck I subscribed to this thread for a reference

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Hello
I wonder how much this would cost if out of warranty? Did they have to take the transmission off to do this? How hard is it? I know I'm not a transmission expert by no means. But I could weld & do all suspension stuff. Good luck I subscribed to this thread for a reference
The repair requires a trans pull and complete disassembly/reassembly.....about a eight hour labor, two hundred fifty $ parts type claim.
From a percentage standpoint, there have been very few failures and the problem shows up within the first five thousand miles or so.

Some clutch plates that were dimensionally too thick (steel plates....friction plates were ok) we're talking thousanths of an inch here, got into the parts stream.......thats why the problem evidences itself at low mileage.

Rob

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I know, is after 2 full weeks of being without my car, and having to drive a 1.8 LS, I was spitting nails. Just no comparison between the 2.

I've now driven it for a few days, even put the foot in the gas hard today, everything seems great!

Check those pics out I posted, it shows what was replaced/repaired.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The repair requires a trans pull and complete disassembly/reassembly.....about a eight hour labor, two hundred fifty $ parts type claim.
From a percentage standpoint, there have been very few failures and the problem shows up within the first five thousand miles or so.

Some clutch plates that were dimensionally too thick (steel plates....friction plates were ok) we're talking thousanths of an inch here, got into the parts stream.......thats why the problem evidences itself at low mileage.

Rob
Thanks for the info. I know my car is going for the 1st check up tomorrow. My car is at 4200 miles right now feels good so far. I hope they don't drip oil from my filter over my motor.
Thanks again

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If they do that, I'd be looking for another dealership, after I showed the service adviser what they did to the car.

Even though my repair seems to be a good repair, they could of at least washed it.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Thanks for the info. I know my car is going for the 1st check up tomorrow. My car is at 4200 miles right now feels good so far. I hope they don't drip oil from my filter over my motor.
Thanks again
I know what you mean......it is tough not to get a bit of dribble from the supidesdown filter.

If you ever change it yourself, I found that minimal potental for a mess occurs by unscrewing the filter cap first, just enouph to expose the seal ring......this allows air into the cap and the filter and housing will drain into the crankcase.
While the cap is in this loosened position, remove the drain plug and let fly.

Once the oil is drained, I install the plug and then finish unscrewing the filter cap......by then, the filter is fairly well drained and you only get a drop or two at best......pull the filter, clean out the cap, remove the old O ring from its position rail (pay attention to rail position) install ring, snap in filter and reinstall.

A note about tightening the cap.....as soon as it bottoms, just a touch of torque from there.....the o ring is the actual seal, not the cap tightness.

All this to say, if the dealer gets a bit of oil drippage, it likely wasn't for a lack of trying not to.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts