Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Virginia where it has been very hot lately. Today I got in my car after driving it into town for shopping & the compressor appeared to have stopped working. It was not blowing cool air into the car. I drove to another store where the car sat for about 30 min. Came back out got into car & now it was blowing cool air. I had noticed the car was running a little rough this week when the compressor was on.

Anybody know what might be going on?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What is the outside temperature reading on the car? Sometimes the OAT sensor gets unplugged and then just enough contamination that it will read -40. When that happens, the A/C will shut down.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AC Not Blowing Cool Air

I'm in Virginia where it has been very hot lately. Today I got in my car after driving it into town for shopping & the compressor appeared to have stopped working. It was not blowing cool air into the car. I drove to another store where the car sat for about 30 min. Came back out got into car & now it was blowing cool air. I had noticed the car was running a little rough this week when the compressor was on.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts

Please do not create multiple threads on the same issue.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks
Was not getting many responses so felt maybe I was in the wrong forum. How do I close out the post from the previous forum & bring it into the powertrain forum?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
OK thanks
Was not getting many responses so felt maybe I was in the wrong forum. How do I close out the post from the previous forum & bring it into the powertrain forum?
I've merged the threads - so no need to close out on your side.

The very first response you received last night is the most logical place to start. Is there a reason why you did not respond to it?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, as I said in my post, the problem is not constant. Sometimes the AC cools & sometimes it blows hot air.
Which Forum am I in now?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Moved to Gen 1 Service issues.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got a reprieve from the heat this weekend. The AC has also been blowing cool air since my last post. My thanks to all who responded.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Susan, this is clearly not normal with your A/C. I am under a SEVERE heat warning from Sunday to Wednesday (great) with temperatures reaching up to 120 degrees again, yet my 2014 A/C blows very cold air. As mentioned it could be an issue as small as a sensor, take it in to the Dealer this week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts