Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 Cruze LT has been falling apart for the last 3 months. It started with the coolant casing overheatingand melting out the bottom, dropping out all of my coolant. My car smoked up, and shut down. After I replaced the casing the engine overheatingand dropped out the coolant again 2 more times. The second time the mechanics took fault saying that the lid of the casewas cracked and that let all the coolant escape? The third time the mechanic just told me theydidn’t know what the problem was and could not find any leak and left it atthat. The fourth time this happened I wastold it was due to a fault in the water pump and belt and had to get bothreplaced. – this cost me $1100 to get replaced and now I’mlooking at a bill of about $2000 over the last three months for repairs.

My newest problem is each time I gas my car up, it hardstarts and idles terribly – I have tried to describe it to the mechanics thatit feels like me car is shaking as hard as a side by side would as it is idling…I am also getting a huge whiff of what smells like something burning through myvents every 30-45 minutes while driving and have gotten 4 new codes that nomechanic I take it to seems to know why they are popping up (I know two of thecodes were P1101, and P1171, the other two were in the same neck of the woodsaccording to the mechanics) and for the cherry on top, my fuel economy has gonedown the drain (which I was told was an effect of one or more of the codes) my35 minute drive to work and 35 minutes home used to only guzzle about an 1/16-1/8 of a tank is now taking closer to (if not exactly) a ¼ tank… which is verysubstantial…
This car is only 4 years old and has 180,000 Km on it. Every mechanic I have taken it too is baffledthat so many parts seems to want to go suddenly… so if anyone has any type ofidea please, please, please help a girl out!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ditch your mechanics. They're just looking for easy work and as soon as there is some sort of diagnosis involved they're just trying to brush you off.

For the water pump, there is special coverage for 10 years/240,000km. I have no idea if you'll be able to get any sort of reimbursement from GM for this repair. I have doubts that'll you'll be able to but I don't think it'll hurt to try.

As for your engine light/codes P1101 and P1171. I think you mean P0171. Sounds like it's your camshaft cover that's leaking. There's some topics on it on this site. I'm just on mobile and unable to link easily. I think there's extended coverage on those but I'm not 100% sure.

Again, ditch those mechanics. They're costing you money.

P.S. Don't forget to introduce yourself. :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been to three different shops now...And yes! That is the code I meant! It seemed as soon as mywarranty ran out, my original shop suddenly found a million expensive problemswith my car which turned into this mess and the two shops I went to afterwardsagreed that I was paying way too much for fixes that shouldn’t have even neededto be done in the first place… as for this extended warranty, would that besomething I would have had to purchase extra when I got my car? or would itjust be standard on specific parts?

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
… as for this extended warranty, would that besomething I would have had to purchase extra when I got my car? or would itjust be standard on specific parts?
For US & Canada GM extended coverage on the 1.4L water pump for 10 yrs/150,000 miles. Special Coverage 14371 - Coolant Leak From The Water Pump - 2011-2104 Chevrolet Cruze

Here’s the Coverage information.
[h=1][/h]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.