Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to this forum and I got a few questions for other owners.. I’ve been wanting to add the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 powered sub to my car and I would like to keep my factory radio. Would it be possible to just hook the sub to a rear door speaker? I don’t have the pioneer system. The description said I don’t need to run rcas or a remote turn on wire but this would be my first system with a stock radio so I’m confused. I’m planning on using either 8 or 10 gauge for power and ground. Can anybody shed some light?

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Prior to (finally) installing a head unit in my Cobalt, and thus running RCAs to the back for the sub amp (as well as my speakers), I ran my signal off a line-out converter connected to the rear deck speakers. Rear door speakers should do what you need, yes, as I believe they are full range. The LOC had a remote-turn-on wire that was run to the amp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prior to (finally) installing a head unit in my Cobalt, and thus running RCAs to the back for the sub amp (as well as my speakers), I ran my signal off a line-out converter connected to the rear deck speakers. Rear door speakers should do what you need, yes, as I believe they are full range. The LOC had a remote-turn-on wire that was run to the amp.
Would either of these work?

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Yup, those look plenty similar - I just had a PAC one. Nothing too fancy, worked decent enough for the many years I had it in the car.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Usually it needs both, as it is a 2-channel output, but you could just as easily tap into the same feed twice and get what is essentially a mono output.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usually it needs both, as it is a 2-channel output, but you could just as easily tap into the same feed twice and get what is essentially a mono output.
I’m going to hook it up to both rear door speakers.. Woule 450 rms be too much for stock alt and stock battery?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts