Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took about a 450 mile trip to Chicago and back today in my 14 Eco manual. Car drove great, decent mileage despite heavy wind. My issue is the front seat and on Eco the lack of lumbar support. My lower back and tailbone would get so stiff it just hurts. I am looking at trading for a 15 Diesel, I know the diesel has leather and heat and perhaps that would help my lower back discomfort. Does the diesel have any lumbar support? Anyone had both cars and can provide any comparison ? Thanks

·
10,712 Posts
I took about a 450 mile trip to Chicago and back today in my 14 Eco manual. Car drove great, decent mileage despite heavy wind. My issue is the front seat and on Eco the lack of lumbar support. My lower back and tailbone would get so stiff it just hurts. I am looking at trading for a 15 Diesel, I know the diesel has leather and heat and perhaps that would help my lower back discomfort. Does the diesel have any lumbar support? Anyone had both cars and can provide any comparison ? Thanks
Diesel leather seats are actually worse. You simply sit on top of them instead of sinking down into them like the 80's and 90's GM leather seats.

There is a add on Lumbar that @XtremeRevolution could help you with.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
As someone who has put 149K miles on my diesel in 2.5 years, I obviously spend a LOT of time in the driver's seat. I am 5 10 and 150 lb and am perfectly comfortable. i don't even have to move around to remain comfortable. i am very sensitive to seat comfort and have gotten rid of other cars in the past that I loved otherwise because I could not get comfortable in the seat. The CTD, for me at least, has great seats. They did take some getting used to in the beginning though, I vaguely remember something about that. It took me a while of fiddling with the adjustments to get it right. Once I did, I pulled the fuse so nobody could change my seat position.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I didn't like my diesel seats at first. Love them now 8 months later. Pretty comfortable car for me at 6'2"

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
I'd like to echo these comments as well.

The diesel seat is hard but it is great for long drives. My longest being 13 hours with two bathroom stops. You do sit on it rather than in it.

My cadillac has much more comfortable seats that you sit in as opposed to on. But after five hours or so they get uncomfortable.

·
10,712 Posts
I was the opposite. My Eco was purchased for the sole purpose of turnpike miles. When my car was down for 2 months the 2LT was my turnpike car. Seats to me weren't as forgiving as the cloth but for kids sake and ascetics, I would pick them if I had to.

I miss my Buick and Mercury seats. I swear no matter how hard I drive, everyone managed to arrive save and asleep.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Lumbar support is actually pretty easy to add. I added it to my passenger seat and will be adding it to my driver's seat before Lordstown. Follow the link in my signature for installation assistance.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had many different makes and models of cars, last car prior to Cruze was a low mileage Cadillac Deville 2005, it was pretty comfy and rode well because of weight of car and wheel base very smooth especially at higher speed. I fiddled with seat position with my electric driver seat and honestly it was painful. I am 5 10 and 200 and yesterday it was frustrating to be in pain, I do have some lower back issues but don't normally cause issues while driving. Not throwing the Cruze under the bus at all. Was just 450 miles in one day. I plan to trade the ECO next week if the dealer can get their stuff together. Never had such a bad experience as this trade. I put a deposit down on a 15 Cruze Diesel on 23rd, it is out of town and a used car with 1500 miles or so, and then after that they loaned the car out to another customer, we are going around in circles on this one. May end up complaining to owner of the Dealership if they don't make it right with me.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I have had many different makes and models of cars, last car prior to Cruze was a low mileage Cadillac Deville 2005, it was pretty comfy and rode well because of weight of car and wheel base very smooth especially at higher speed. I fiddled with seat position with my electric driver seat and honestly it was painful. I am 5 10 and 200 and yesterday it was frustrating to be in pain, I do have some lower back issues but don't normally cause issues while driving. Not throwing the Cruze under the bus at all. Was just 450 miles in one day. I plan to trade the ECO next week if the dealer can get their stuff together. Never had such a bad experience as this trade. I put a deposit down on a 15 Cruze Diesel on 23rd, it is out of town and a used car with 1500 miles or so, and then after that they loaned the car out to another customer, we are going around in circles on this one. May end up complaining to owner of the Dealership if they don't make it right with me.
Since they loaned the car out after you put money down I would demand that money back and go to another dealership. Out of curiosity, why are you trading (lots of reasons, I'm just being nosy.)?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They took my credit card on the 23rd but never processed it. I will see how it plays out. I just wanted the diesel when I bought my Eco 6 speed, been happy with the ECO. I think the ECO costs less to operate than the Diesel, just wanted the Diesel from the beginning and have been patient to find a fair deal, time will tell if it goes thru. Should know later today.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
They took my credit card on the 23rd but never processed it. I will see how it plays out. I just wanted the diesel when I bought my Eco 6 speed, been happy with the ECO. I think the ECO costs less to operate than the Diesel, just wanted the Diesel from the beginning and have been patient to find a fair deal, time will tell if it goes thru. Should know later today.
Did the deal end up happening?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been slow with the holidays. I put a deposit on a 15 diesel with less than 1500 miles on the 23rd. Then the dealership loaned the car to a customer and they won't be back until the 4th and it will probably have 3500 miles or more. Needless to say I am not very happy. Working with sales manager to try to get to a fair deal if possible. Never had such a bad experience. If the price to begin with wasn't so favorable I would run other direction. Sounds like they will add some warranty or reduce the price further.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Been slow with the holidays. I put a deposit on a 15 diesel with less than 1500 miles on the 23rd. Then the dealership loaned the car to a customer and they won't be back until the 4th and it will probably have 3500 miles or more. Needless to say I am not very happy. Working with sales manager to try to get to a fair deal if possible. Never had such a bad experience. If the price to begin with wasn't so favorable I would run other direction. Sounds like they will add some warranty or reduce the price further.
Tear up the contract and walk away. Do NOT let them process your credit card. The car you were working on no longer exists.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tear up the contract and walk away. Do NOT let them process your credit card. The car you were working on no longer exists.
I will proceed as I see fit. Thanks but this isn't my first rodeo. I don't give up very easily on anything I believe in. If it doesn't work out that's fine, but I will go down swinging. Should get it resolved very soon.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Once I did, I pulled the fuse so nobody could change my seat position.
Never thought of that, fantastic idea! The only problem I may find with that is I occasionally have a full car of people and I need to push my seat forward a bit so people can fit behind me. I may put a hidden switch somewhere for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Merc6? No the fuse is for the motors that move the seat, the other systems are independent of that.

I have had quite a few vehicles, my diesel being my first brand new. About one month after purchase, my then pregnant wife and I went on a 2200mile road trip in my CTD. Even without the seats being broken in, and her being uncomfortable from a pregnancy, we both thought the seats were very comfortable for that long of a trip. I think you'll be alright.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've driven all versions of the Cruze and the lightweight Eco seats were the most uncomfortable.
There is more to the Cruze's leather seats than just leather.
I find them to be more comfortable than the seats in the C-Class we traded in.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
I've driven all versions of the Cruze and the lightweight Eco seats were the most uncomfortable.
There is more to the Cruze's leather seats than just leather.
I find them to be more comfortable than the seats in the C-Class we traded in.
We must have very different builds. I thought they were some of the most uncomfortable leather seats I have ever sat in. Hurt my back and rear after just an hour.

On the other hand, I find the 1LT cloth ones quite comfortable for cloth seats.

If you want a comfortable leather seat, Volvo knows how to make some amazing ones.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Help me understand - What kind of deal would make this kind of action on the part of the dealership OK?

Reactions: obermd
1 - 20 of 35 Posts