Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I fix this myself, or would I have to replace the whole assembly.

My BtoB expired literally days before I purchased it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Saw your post and checked my '14 CTD headlights, found passenger side has amber bulbs with clear lenses while the driver's side has same amber bulbs but amber lenses. I'm not orig owner, but since they differ I assume the passenger side was replaced, probably lens broke like yours.

Here's some recent discussion on the topic:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-gen1-audio-electronics/146425-directional-signal-lens.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-gen1-service-issues/201506-headlight-signal-bulb-cover-broke.html

Attachments

Reactions: Dngrsone

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I have the same problem so I am curious to find out as well! Other headlight though. ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Mine is a 2015 LTZ with 52,000 miles on it. What should I do, any comments? I sure would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Personally I wouldn't mess with trying to split open the headlight, not worth it. RockAuto has OEM replacement headlight assembly (L or R) for about $75-80.

Since the outer clear plastic housing tends to haze after 5 years I'll probably just replace both at that point. (Tried those lens restoration kits, they work for about a year). Replacing glazed, broken headlights really enhances the look of your vehicle.

Reactions: Dngrsone

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine's in good shape still, and the lamp itself is amber, so I think I'll hold off for a while.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Personally I wouldn't mess with trying to split open the headlight, not worth it. RockAuto has OEM replacement headlight assembly (L or R) for about $75-80.

Since the outer clear plastic housing tends to haze after 5 years I'll probably just replace both at that point. (Tried those lens restoration kits, they work for about a year). Replacing glazed, broken headlights really enhances the look of your vehicle.
Link please

·
Premium Member
461 Posts

So would these work on a 2015 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS?

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
So would these work on a 2015 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS?

This part is out of stock at Rock Auto. The same part # is listed for both the 2105 Cruze 1.4L gas and 2.0L diesel models so it SHOULD work for your CTD.

If it comes back in stock and you order it and find it doesn't work, I'm sure they will take it back since their website would be incorrect.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Yeah, they fall off and the only real "fix" is to replace the whole thing.

Or since it's out of warranty, just ignore it...or pick up an amber turn signal bulb.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So does every headlight assembly do this? I'm under warranty but not sure it's worth the hassle

The orange reflector has fallen off my driver side.

·
17,346 Posts
So does every headlight assembly do this? I'm under warranty but not sure it's worth the hassle

The amber reflector happened in 2013 or 2014. The early ones didn't have it, so they didn't fall off, but it seems to be happening to the majority of later lights. They went back to the clear reflector as replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
The amber reflector happened in 2013 or 2014. The early ones didn't have it, so they didn't fall off, but it seems to be happening to the majority of later lights. They went back to the clear reflector as replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is a 9/15, so it might have been on those as well

·
2,170 Posts
Holy crap, I just checked and I have the exact same issue. Why would they be different colors? And how do you get that piece back in place?

·
17,346 Posts
Holy crap, I just checked and I have the exact same issue. Why
would they be different colors? And how do you get that piece back in place?
Can't.

But the early ones were just clear with an amber bulb. I have no idea why they tried to change it, but it didn't work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts