Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most of you, I have been disappointed with the performance of my 1.4T. I would literally sit there for hours in my parking spot and while I would marvel at the incredible fuel economy (it seemed like the car wasn't using any!) I just wanted more. My friends would laugh at me and joke that they could walk to where we were going faster and I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it felt that way. Well one day I am out for a drive, seems like I am not getting anywhere and this old man taps on my window. He must have been the Obi wan Kanobi of automotive performance. He showed me one simple trick that netted me almost 140HP from my little turbo engine. All you have to do is take this and slide into a slot by the steering wheel and give it a turn.

the change is instantly noticeable! The SOTP feel of acceleration is unreal! All of a sudden this lackluster machine was pulling out of the spot, going down the road and even merging into traffic! it even made the car handle better! You could really feel the G's in the turns compared to before! So pass this info on to those who need it, that little item is singly the most performance bang for the buck I have ever seen!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Like most of you, I have been disappointed with the performance of my 1.4T. I would literally sit there for hours in my parking spot and while I would marvel at the incredible fuel economy (it seemed like the car wasn't using any!) I just wanted more. My friends would laugh at me and joke that they could walk to where we were going faster and I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it felt that way. Well one day I am out for a drive, seems like I am not getting anywhere and this old man taps on my window. He must have been the Obi wan Kanobi of automotive performance. He showed me one simple trick that netted me almost 140HP from my little turbo engine. All you have to do is take this and slide into a slot by the steering wheel and give it a turn.

the change is instantly noticeable! The SOTP feel of acceleration is unreal! All of a sudden this lackluster machine was pulling out of the spot, going down the road and even merging into traffic! it even made the car handle better! You could really feel the G's in the turns compared to before! So pass this info on to those who need it, that little item is singly the most performance bang for the buck I have ever seen!
hmm never tried that before... could work... ill give it a shot thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not gonna lie, there is a substantial decrease in economy

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I found the same thing to be true also when I tried it earlier today! Good work!

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Oh NB, you're so random. Lols

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. Now that I have a copy of your key, I'm gonna try it out on your car too. (no sense in blowing up MY engine.) Thanks!
Have at it, got that pic on a google search

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
:th_SmlyROFL:

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is just stupid.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Have at it, got that pic on a google search
No problem. My neighbor made the mistake of leaving one in her car while checking the mail, so I tried her's out. The difference in performance is amazing! I also verified the "substantial decrease in economy" on her DIC. Apparently she has a bit of a lead foot. Her passenger was a bit worried about the maniac behind the wheel but I returned her in one piece, so all is well.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I've white knuckled more than one car salesman using this tip as well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes, sadly the mileage decreases, but it is so much more interesting when your behind the wheel! The body in the trunk doesn't like it as much, though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Watch out for that torque steer

·
Registered
779 Posts

Oh, I see what you did right there ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts