Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 15 Diesel and the trunk latch was getting lazy, at first I thought it was extreme cold, well it’s worse now really won’t open. Wouldn’t be a huge deal but I have 13500 miles on since I added DEF. the 35% indicator has not displayed yet which seems odd. I drive lot of highway miles.

Anyone else had issues with trunk latch? If so what is the fix? Thanks

It seems the same whether u use the button dash area or the key fob. Can hear it click but doesn’t seem to release.

Reactions: sailurman

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean it won't " pop open" when you release the latch?

You'll see two torsion bars inside the trunk that act as the spring mechanism to keep the trunk lid open. Spray with silicone and displace any moisture that might be on the pivot points.

If you're referring to the outside switch, there were problems with early ones being sealed from rain entering them. Dorman has replacement switches.
The latch isn’t releasing at all, not sure how to lubricate if it won’t open.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
put the rear seats down, reach for the "trapped in the trunk interior release" that every car has
That’s a decent idea. That gets it open. I still have a problem with it not operating. I will figure it out after I get open again. I don’t think it’s a lubrication issue, will probably replace the latch mechanism.

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
15 have factory dash trunk button? or aftermarket?....wiring to the bcm still good?

i added aftermarket one replacing the airbag light
15 has a button under radio where the unlock door button is on the 14. I like that feature

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: boraz
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.