Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Had my def tank replaced by extended warranty. Had recall of recall done. Everything so far so good, other than I had a few things in trunk, when they replaced the tank, they left water bottles screw driver, etc on top on def tank in between the cover. DipSh!ts. Doesn't anyone take pride in their work?
they were rushing, they dont get full pay to do warranty/recall work.

· Registered
2,992 Posts
The only issue is you have to periodically go to the DIC to see if it says ok or a percentage. It doesn't just flash up and say it's 35%. So that is probably what catches folks off guard, they don't look and it gets pretty low and then has a countdown on miles.
chevys workaround is that the def tank lasts far longer than the oci, if one were to fill every oil change, its never an issue

i let it go down into the teens for fun, and filled it while it it was waaaay subzero, took couple days for the DIC to register the fill

i guess same could be said for tpms, itll alert you when LOW, but during long drives, yeah i scroll thru to see whats goin on

· Registered
2,992 Posts
the one area I notice where fuel mileage on diesel takes a hit is when AC is on. It's noticeable. Now that it's getting colder here, W/O ac I pick up 3-5 mpg?
weird

i get the exact same mpg year round whether its 100f outside or -40f outside and studded tires on, AC is on year round , defrost in winter or if its warmer than 55f, AC is on.

that was my issue with the 1.4, drastic mpg drop with AC or DIC telling me that AC is off cuz its too hot, lol

· Registered
2,992 Posts
Then just try replacing the cable per my request. I really don't give a hoot about his pay, I have a large investment in a car that isn't working properly. Dang it's not our job to do it for them. It's not my fault this is happening.

This dealership sells 500 cars a month, trust me they are making a lot of money, and service I am sure is very profitable at over a $100 a hour.
lol, just telling how they see it and how your car wont get priority cuz its warranty

enjoy the loaner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.