Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

15 CTD Road trip

Tags
ctd road trip
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Spoolin6Spd 
#1 ·
Took my 15 Diesel to Minneapolis over weekend from Indy area, went thru Chicago area. Haven't filled yet, filled one time on way back in Wisconsin at 800 miles on that tank, looks like over all economy at 48-49 mpg. Car performed near perfect. Time for an oil change, down to 3%. Diesel just loves the open road. I think total miles driven was around 1300 to 1350 in three days. Was at some fuel station and it was late and some guy in an Esclade asked me if it was diesel then asked if it was German. Chevrolet needs to advertise and educate folks they have the most efficient non hybrid non electric on the market. I get compliments frequently and almost no one knows they exist. If I would slow down and not stop I am confident my car would go 1000 miles to a tank. So far my driving doesn't work for that. I don't think you could regen much to get that and no city driving. Last regen went for 1016 miles on this trip.

#3 ·
I think I averaged low 60s mph. But I drove 70-77 most of the time. I took like 50 miles and slowed down to 62 and economy went up, wasn't in a hurry then and very little traffic.

Reactions: MRO1791
#6 ·
Diesels definitely LIVE for the open road.

Did a 1,000 mile tank on my '14 CTD driving with CC set for 60 mph. It works in California because the truck/towing speed limit is 55 mph even on the interstates. So I can safely hang with the slower traffic on the right. A 250 mile trip takes an extra 30 minutes vs going 70-75.

Reactions: IndyDiesel
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.