Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the summer I have the OEM rims that came with the car. However, in the winter I put on snow tires which are just black steel rims, and my tire size is 215/65R15 (15-inch rim).

The 2016-2018 Cruze has a 15-inch wheel cover (part 13399300) and the 2019 also has a 15 inch (part 42500293). Will these only work with the OEM steel rims, or will they work with most aftermarket steel rims?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,823 Posts
Should work all the same I'd think.

Not sure why you'd want them on there, though. Hubcaps are noisy - mine on the Cobalt used to clack so badly. They came off when I lowered the car in 2010 and never went back on. I much preferred the look of steelies without hubcaps to them with them on.

If you want some flash, just plasti-dip the steelies. I did the Cav's winter wheels in white for some added hilarity to the car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I have the lug nuts in the picture. What type of lug nut do I need so I can screw on the wheel covers?

Auto part Wheel Rim Tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think I need a wheel nut with an external thread? It is amazing the lack of information about this on the internet. Can someone please confirm with the picture I have below, it would be greatly appreciated.

Fastener Screw Auto part Metal Hardware accessory

Attachments

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,981 Posts
You don't say where your at so it makes it hard to answer some questions, but try LKQ salvage. They sell generic wheel covers. If you are diligent and somewhat lucky you might be first in line when a Gen II with caps is brought in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts