Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must be, just received a letter from Chevy saying so. Usual information to those unfamiliar with what a water pump does, and tell-tail symptoms to help determine if the water pump did fail.

If it already did fail, and you paid to have it replaced, a form is enclosed so Chevy will give you a refund.

First time I have ever received a letter like this, and 150,000 mile warranty! Ha, would like to receive more letters like this for other common failures.

What did I do with this letter? I framed it of course.

·
Premium Member
6,920 Posts
It always seems I'm the last person to ever receive recall or other letters from GM. It's not like my last name starts with Z either. At least I always know they are coming with the quick info on cruzetalk.

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
I got mine the other day. Shredded the reimbursement form since I haven't paid for a water pump - mine was replaced under warranty.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
I Moved and did not give me forwarding address to any one other than me imediate family .. I don 't want any some ones to know where me lives either ..less mail this way .. Except for the usual political junk mail every some ones get during an election year .

Does any some one need some extra paper ?

·
Premium Member
10,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Certainly enough complaints in the general section, thought this would be excellent information to share, so wonder why this post is buried here.

Also so kept that reimbursement form, for me a lot more convenient to replace the water pump myself, and could hit them for a buck for labor rather than screwing around with a dealer. And at least I know the job will be done right.

Would have been much easier on me if they just gave me new rear disc calipers, know how to replace them without draining the ABS dry and having to clean up the mess they made when they changed them.

·
10,686 Posts
Is this for a 2012 model as well?
Not sure, my letter speaks directly about my 13 so I suspect it only speaks on what your vin says what year it is. I guess we need to find someone with the 10th character being "C" in their vin with a letter.

*edit* a few 12's posted above. Yes you are covered.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,498 Posts
It always seems I'm the last person to ever receive recall or other letters from GM. It's not like my last name starts with Z either. At least I always know they are coming with the quick info on cruzetalk.
Haha, I just got mine yesterday too! People reported getting a similar letter like 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, I got both the September and October letters for my 2011.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine showed up the day we traded it in!
Came home, opened mail and laughed.
Does this mean GM is changing its stance that w/p seal weapage is normal?

·
10,686 Posts
Mine showed up the day we traded it in!
Came home, opened mail and laughed.
Yeah, I hope the pump last a bit. At least the coolant flushes are free for the 1st 150k at this point and history of life of the pumps.

What you trade in for?

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
No, I think they just don''t have the ability/time/money to correct the problem. I still think it's rooted in supplier parts and not so much overall design. We'll see how the second gen. engine fairs. Still considering a 2018 Cruze.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, folks. I have a quick question.. would you guys advise putting the factory airbox back on before getting the water pump replaced under the extended warranty deal? The k&n setup with injen nanofiber dry filter is on it now. My apologies is this is a stupid question.. thanks for any help/feedback anyone is able to provide!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
21 Participants
Eddy Cruze
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing