Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,108 Posts
Do you guys all put your scan gauge on top of the column or do they make nice small ones now?
I do wish they made a round one...I'd grab the ZZP A-pillar pod and pop it in there. The rectangular one looks too "stuck-on" for me. I'd love its functionality, but it'll never look integrated enough until it's round.

Great seeing 150k on one of yours though @diesel, though. Ours is just shy of 34k miles right now, having had it since May 2014. We were putting a lot more miles on it then, as it was a 100-mile round trip to work every day, and then 70 miles from that house to our house now when moving (and we made a lot of trips). It certainly shows in that we drove the same amount of miles in all of 2015 as we did in 8 months of 2014.

As far as the tensioner/belt goes, is this all that needs to be replaced at that time (100k?). Wonder how difficult it'll be. I can't really justify paying the dealer $700 to do it, when I'm likely plenty capable to do it myself, unless it's a real pain in the dick.

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,108 Posts
Just for good measure, i also had the alternator belt and tensioner(s) done at the same time. The dealer showed I think 3 hours labor on the timing belt.
Oh, okay, that doesn't sound terrible. And it makes sense to have those all done too, considering half of it has to come off anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.