Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 limited 1LT turbo. I just drove from PA to GA and back 2k round trip in the last 3 days car was fine then about 20 miles from home I stopped at a rest stop it started raining while I was stopped I was getting back on the highway and put the peddle in alittle to get up to speed had a quick spin of the tire and for a split second the stabilitrak light came on and right back off (no traction light) and the cel blinked about 10 times and it was fine after wards. It Didn't stay on. What the heck happened lol? It is starting to worry me alittle

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
It means one of your left rear lug nuts is loose :D Nah, just kidding!
I wouldn't worry much about it, unless the light/s stay on for some reason. My guess would be because of the slight wheel spin/slip, triggered the abs/speed sensor and threw the light.
It may have a stored code, and if the same code comes up again, the light would stay on.
Again, I wouldn't worry about it honestly ;)

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I suspect the wheel slip exceeded some kind of threshold and caused the computer program to question if it was really wheel slip or a malfunction. If it doesn't come back, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: mikestony

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Going to sound like you dealer, this is perfectly normal, and really normal.

Traction control is an offshoot of ABS, if you hit the brakes, the module kills the braking to that stalled wheel, good ABS was ten pulse per second, since law really cheapened it up, more like one pulse per second. Theory is, a rolling wheel has more friction than a stalled wheel. But can toss this theory out the window on glare ice.

Traction control is just the opposite if a wheel spins faster than the one opposite to it, it applies those slow pulses to that spinning wheel, without your foot even close to the brake pedal. With your foot on the gas, also tends to slow down the engine, depending on how fast that will is spinning. And the traction yellow lamp will flash.

Traction control will never ever replace a limited slip differential. Instead of using slip clutches in the differential, are using an 89 cent microcontroller.

Best thing I found about traction control, you can switch it off. Have to hold that button for about 8 seconds. Use your brains instead when driving on wet or icy roads. And don't try to take a 35 mph curve at 90 mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts