Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided this afternoon to test drive a 17 Premier thought I would share initial impressions. Car listed for 28,205

positive
was very impressed how well this car drove, comfortable and liked layout inside. Apple car play loved it, heated steering wheel was very nice, quiet inside, much better back seat foot room, good fuel economy, I was surprised how much I liked it.

dislike
the back window seems slanted more than gen 1 or something, frustrated I have to buy high end car high list price to get 18 inch wheels, don't like bundling sunroof to get Bose system, let me pick which I prefer, don't like the small fuel tank

i think my price assuming I could get it tagged was 26077-2500 in rebates and private offer = 23577. Not bad but not excited about spending that much plus didn't have blind spot and had stuff I didn't want.

very nice car, I would be happy to own one. Will wait and see what the diesel feels like, prefer the Premier so may be waiting awhile which is cool on my end, I already love my 15 CTD.

oh one last thing, the start stop didn't engage for some reason in my 20 mile test drive.

oh looking forward to my $50 gift card from GM.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,194 Posts
I love mine. The 12 was good to drive, but this one sorted all of my major complaints with that. They completely redid it and made about everything better.

I didn't realize the fuel tank was actually smaller than the 12 until I road tripped with it. I used to be able to get from here, to my parents 4 hours away, back to a cheap gas station just across the VA border in one tank of gas with a little left over. Nowhere close on this one.

The back window is definitely small, and the trunk lid is very high. Rear seat room, and even front passenger knee room, is vastly improved.

Start stop doesn't activate under 41F outside. Dunno where you are, but it's cold here.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice to know about start stop. I sorta missed the grunt power of diesel, but was very surprised how nice of a car it is and just little stuff like where you increase decrease volume on radio on steering wheel. I am sure many more things I didn't notice in a 35 minute drive. I am a bit of a miser I probably would find a certified one with couple thousand miles if I was super serious. I may wait to see a 18 diesel Premier. Let me get more miles out of my current ride.

on highway I got in low to mid 40s with the premier. I love my diesel but little uneasy about the emissions and honestly don't really think it will be drastically better with gen 2 diesel.

i have gone over 800 miles on a tank and could have gone over 900 on a tank, the little tank would sort of suck after having that kind of range now. But not really a big deal.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
oh looking forward to my $50 gift card from GM.
I test drove a Premier when they first came out and was impressed with it. Now it looks like I will have to do it again. :)

·
10,712 Posts
I love mine. The 12 was good to drive, but this one sorted all of my major complaints with that. They completely redid it and made about everything better.

I didn't realize the fuel tank was actually smaller than the 12 until I road tripped with it. I used to be able to get from here, to my parents 4 hours away, back to a cheap gas station just across the VA border in one tank of gas with a little left over. Nowhere close on this one.

The back window is definitely small, and the trunk lid is very high. Rear seat room, and even front passenger knee room, is vastly improved.

Start stop doesn't activate under 41F outside. Dunno where you are, but it's cold here.
LOL join the Eco 6MT struggles man! To over fill or not to overfill....

As for the back windows, I noticed that but it wasn't as bad as my old Dodge Neon. Half roll down and hand crank even if you had power front windows.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,194 Posts
LOL join the Eco 6MT struggles man! To over fill or not to overfill....

As for the back windows, I noticed that but it wasn't as bad as my old Dodge Neon. Half roll down and hand crank even if you had power front windows.
I don't think it's artificially limited except in the LS (12 vs 13.7). It's just a smaller tank vs my old 15.6 that gave my car a ridiculous cruising range.

·
10,712 Posts
I don't think it's artificially limited except in the LS (12 vs 13.7). It's just a smaller tank vs my old 15.6 that gave my car a ridiculous cruising range.
That's what I mean, I barely got 11 in there before I had to trickle fill it. 17.1 for the Accord but MPG looks like it won't let me get past 400 ish round trip in the city.

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
The only thing I really don't like about it is the trunk space is considerably much smaller. In the hatchback anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
I like the quality of the backup camera the color quidelines are nice not that I need it though. I think I prefer the old nav look that show business around your location. Haven't mess around with nav setting on the 17 Cruze so not sure if you can set it show business or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts