Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this would be a good place for my first post (I know there is section for new people), thought I'd kill two birds with one stone by just posting here.

Anyway's, here's a couple pictures of my Cruze with 18x8 wheels and 245/40r18 tires.... I really need to get springs, hating the fender gap!

What do you guys think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Chevrolet cruze

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice boots! Any fitment issues at all with those? For 18's they look like they have a decent amount of gap between the fender and wheel...though it doesn't look bad maybe because of the low pros? Anywho welcome to the forum and be careful over bumps with those deep dishes I cracked rims in my crossfire while going over a bump and it was a nightmare...just be careful :)

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
Yeah drop it, they look much smaller than 18s.

I personally, don't like them. But you are talking to a guy who would rather paint the 18inch LTZ in black than get aftermarket ones lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all of the complements!

FTC: No, there are NO fitment issues at all! The wheels and tires fit perfect. :)

There is a decent gap between the Fender and tire, that's why I need to lower the car ASAP! lol The gap isn't terrible but the car will look much cleaner once it's lower.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
Yes lower it! It will look real different, look around, we have so much info on lowering the car we might as well be all a dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I know about lowering cars lol, But thank you.... However this is a lot of info on the site about many of subjects.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Nice and different wheels !

Tire look like a 235-45-18, am i right ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!... They look even better in person.

No, they are 245/40r18. I didn't like the way 235's looked, the 245's sit more flush.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thanks!... They look even better in person.

No, they are 245/40r18. I didn't like the way 235's looked, the 245's sit more flush.
Cool, they look good and with an 8" wheel you can put 245 on !

They are a bit lower in height then the standard 225-45-18, so be aware of that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, I did the tire size calculations before I bought them and noticed they were about 1/2" shorter overall. Being slightly shorter will help eliminate potential issues when I lower the car.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Welcome! Some fog lights would really improve the look of the front end. Nice wheels.
Yuuup

Yeah drop it, they look much smaller than 18s.

I personally, don't like them. But you are talking to a guy who would rather paint the 18inch LTZ in black than get aftermarket ones lol.
All 18's look smaller than 18's in the Cruze. Except for the ltz's.
Must be the tire combo.

Welcome to the forum nando, Cruze is looking good. Will look much better with that drop.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's looks awesome. Like the rims a lot. I agree, definitely need to lower the car just a little.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts