Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cameback from my 1st Autocross experience and i liked it !

Its quite demanding driving wise because it never stops, always changing direction at relatively low speed. (Did it in 2nd & 3rd all the way.)

It was nice to see that my Cruze wasnt a crapy car and im happy to see that my setup was good.

Result of my last run :

Next week, im Lapping !

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
I just cameback from my 1st Autocross experience and i liked it !

Its quite demanding driving wise because it never stops, always changing direction at relatively low speed. (Did it in 2nd & 3rd all the way.)

It was nice to see that my Cruze wasnt a crapy car and im happy to see that my setup was good.

Result of my last run :

Next week, im Lapping !
any videos I will be autocrossing after lordtown trip.

· Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, no videos, if i find i like it alot, i'll buy a GoPro.

· Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dynolicious on iPhone, i have it secured tightly with a mount.

· Resident Derp
2,800 Posts
I want to try autocrossing, a family member told me that its fun, but if you ever try road coursing, where instead of a couple short goes, you have a good 20-30mins of all out driving. And its a completely different feel that once you do it, will make autocrossing feel extremely boring.

Although he said he'd bring his insight to one if I ever did it to toy around, and I really want to take him up on it haha.

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
I want to try autocrossing, a family member told me that its fun, but if you ever try road coursing, where instead of a couple short goes, you have a good 20-30mins of all out driving. And its a completely different feel that once you do it, will make autocrossing feel extremely boring.

Although he said he'd bring his insight to one if I ever did it to toy around, and I really want to take him up on it haha.
I have done 2 track day events but autocrossing is awesome because the winner doesn't always have the most hp just better handling.

· Resident Derp
2,800 Posts
I have done 2 track day events but autocrossing is awesome because the winner doesn't always have the most hp just better handling.
While that is true, I would have way more fun pushing my car to its limits for 30 mins straight 1 or 2 times and losing, than 3-4 quick 1-2 minute pulls and win.

More track time = more fun. If I wanted to actually win at one of these events I would buy a crap car for a shell and drop a ridonc engine in it and race for real.

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
While that is true, I would have way more fun pushing my car to its limits for 30 mins straight 1 or 2 times and losing, than 3-4 quick 1-2 minute pulls and win.

More track time = more fun. If I wanted to actually win at one of these events I would buy a crap car for a shell and drop a ridonc engine in it and race for real.
true that is why i am always looking for a small rear wheel drive car always wanted 70's model, something eurapean.

· Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Im gonna try Lapping soon, probably gonna like it more...

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Im gonna try Lapping soon, probably gonna like it more...
Too much can go wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm being parinoid. I loved lapping ( I call it track days ) but I can't wait till I start to build mt track day car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Poje

· Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too much can go wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm being parinoid. I loved lapping ( I call it track days ) but I can't wait till I start to build mt track day car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Hehe, ya, thats why i wanted Autocross instead, but i want to try it with the Cruze.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.