Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Youngstown Vindicator Staff Report
LORDSTOWN

"..The plant is working on a couple of prototype diesel Cruzes in preparation for launch of the 2013 diesel model to be made at Lordstown, Green said. The plant will focus a great deal on the diesel Cruze during the summer shutdown, said Green, adding that he is leaning toward getting one for himself.

I have the Cruze, and I think I want the diesel. We’re ramping up.”

Michelle Lambert, Cruze launch manager, said the Lordstown plant will build about 15 diesel Cruzes the rest of this year and begin regular production in the second quarter of 2013, according to The Vindicator’s broadcast partner, 21 WFMJ-TV..."

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/jun/16/-model-of-cruze-to-have-new-features/

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...many people are gonna be be very blue-in-the-face because they had to hold their breath that long (hee,hee).

...that should technically make them a 2013½ model year vehicle.

Reactions: Eugene_C

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No kidding. It's like there's been an information blackout on this whole thing. I bet they won't even decide the final engine until after the summer shutdown.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know why it takes so long, first it was going to a 2012 model, then 2013, now looks more like 2014. That has got to be a misprint, only going to build 15 for the rest of this year ? maybe 15,000 ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
waiting

So another year will pass before I see the diesel at dealer lot, unless that's a misprint (15) for the rest of this year?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts