Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got less than 800 miles on my '17 LT sedan automatic, bought it a month ago but was out of the country for 2.5 weeks with the family in the middle. When I was test driving, there seemed to be a lot of variability between cars. The first LT I drove was specced exactly the same as the one I bought except a different color and no RS package. It seemed slower and just didn't feel right. Then I drove a hatch LT with a manual, the clutch engaged right high and it in general didn't feel right either. Mine is a little sluggish from a dead stop until the turbo spools up (a second or maybe two) then it is fantastic. Feels quite a bit stronger in the mid and upper mid range than my '15 eco.

I've been averaging (one fill up only so far) more with the '17 LT than I did with my '15 eco. I got 35.5 mpg on the first fillup of mixed city driving (hwy, freeway, and city streets) and I've got a pretty heavy right foot. Plus I'm just getting to know the car so feeling it out on how it performs.

In my '15, I averaged 31.2 on the first fillup, 31.7 averaged the first year, 32.0 the second and 33.4 this year up until I turned it in. My best mpg for a tank of gas over the 2.5 yrs I owned it was 38.7. These are calculated based on odo logs and pump receipts so they are only as accurate as that. The DIC was always optimistic, reading higher than I calculated.

I watched a youtube review of a 2016 or 2017, and they complained of poor fuel economy as well. I think you either got a bad example or there is something wrong with your car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got off of a 61 mile trip, and kept it around 70-75. I’m at 29.4. Best 31.4. Not great, at all.
Just ran out and checked, only have 660 miles so far:
Last 25, Avg 28.4, Best 45.3
Last 50, Avg 30.6, Best 41.9
Last 450, Avg 33.2, Best 33.6

These are all just around the Minnapolis/St.Paul area mix of freeway and city. No long trips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts