Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,601 Posts
Front O2 sensors have been a common issue for the Gen 2's. I haven't had it happen yet, but a few have. I could see that causing it to run rich and feel underpowered. Frankly, mine scoots.

I'm doing 27+ in city driving in a Premier sedan - something's going on. Highway is high 30s-low 40s at 70-75.

The transmission learns your driving habits, and it seems very well programmed to me. Perhaps yours feels down on power and you're pushing it to the point where it downshifts easily. Wouldn't hurt to reset the adaptives, but mine tends to hold high gears unless you really boot the throttle, and even then, it will just downshift to the midrange of the tach and take off. I like it that way. The highway gearing in the auto is a bit annoying and widely spaced; 5th often isn't enough to pass; 4th is a screamer.

That said, I have had 2 LT's as loaners. The less heavy wheels definitely make the car feel a bit more eager accelerating around town. The ride on those is much more floaty and buttoned down (and they don't handle nearly as well) - the Premier can feel a bit busy on uneven roads thanks to the 40-profile tires.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts