Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello guys
i have a 2010 chevy cruze LT with 1.6L ETEC2(100hp) and 6T40 transmission.
i like the car but it is TOO SLOW:mad::mad::mad:
so i am planning to do an engine swap with the 2.4L LE5 engine from the chevy malibu (they have the same transmission, same engine mounts)
it is much cheaper and easier than turbo charging the engine.(800$ for the engine+200$ for the ECU+100$ for the engine harness).
my worries are about the immobilizer function and the electrical of the interior will i lose any function.
any ideas:question:

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
hello guys
so i am planning to do an engine swap with the 2.4L LE5 engine from the chevy malibu (they have the same transmission, same engine mounts)
it is much cheaper and easier than turbo charging the engine.(800$ for the engine+200$ for the ECU+100$ for the engine harness).
my worries are about the immobilizer function and the electrical of the interior will i lose any function.
I am guessing you are in Europe. My daughter has a 2015 Cruze with the 1.6 turbo engine, I was wondering if the base engine is the same unit?

View attachment 229138

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
I am guessing you are in Europe. My daughter has a 2015 Cruze with the 1.6 turbo engine, I was wondering if the base engine is the same unit?

View attachment 229138
It's based off the 1.8L. Actually, it's more or less what used to be in the Aveo. Hopefully you guys avoided ever having those things around.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
It's based off the 1.8L. Actually, it's more or less what used to be in the Aveo. Hopefully you guys avoided ever having those things around.
Don't know what the Aveo is, the 1.8 was in the Astra though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my engine is the ETEC2 which is based on the opel X16XE (practically the same)
also i live in Iraq we get the worst and least powerful engines:cussing:
also the fuel quality is really bad which makes turbo charged engines a pain in the A$$.
that is why i am going for the 2.4L NA.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
i live in Basra.
Well welcome. I can definitely understand why you're going the NA 2.4 route. Make sure to take a bunch of pictures. You theoretically shouldn't lose function with the swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have y
hello guys
ou done this swap and what all did you need to make it work??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts