Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July 2012 I was the proud owner of a 2012 White automatic RS, beautiful little car. That feeling lasted about 2 weeks. Between July and December 2012 my car was back to the dealer for 2.5 months for reoccurring transmission problems, paint issues, front end vibration, 2 water pumps, torque converter seal leak, 2 trunk latch release buttons, rear speaker replacement, knocking and ticking from engine & fuel mileage issues :cussing:. In mid December, GM did the right thing and offered to replace my car. Totally surprised BUT was happy with the decision thinking it was a one off "lemon" issue.
In January 2013 a 2012 Dark Blue automatic RS with more features than its predecessor was waiting for me at the dealership. Right away I noticed the paint was full of swirl marks, rail dust and scratches. Dealership said they would remedy the problem with a trip to the detailing shop at a later date. This still has not happened.
To date, this car has been back to the dealer ship for the following problems: leaking torque converter seal, pull or drifting to the right (since they dropped the engine to fix the torque seal), rear speaker replacement (going back again for the same problem), hesitation, surge or miss in the engine, knocking or ticking engine, fading and cracking door trim, slipping transmission when in sport mode between 3rd and 4th, vibration when the transmission shifts between 2nd and 3rd in automatic mode, poor fuel mileage.
Dealership has put me on ignore and blowing me off. Anytime I do get my car in, they say that the scans come back clean and nothing is wrong. When talking to GM customer service here in Canada, I was told that some of these problems are "normal Cruze issues" and nothing could be done. What company admits to problems but does nothing to fix them? I can't believe it!!! I've owned nothing but GM since I was old enough to drive and now I want NOTHING to do with them. The car I originally took out for more than a 100km test drive acted and handled nothing like the 2 I've had. My last rental, a duplicate of what I'm driving now was a pleasure to drive. How can this be?
GM needs to do the right thing, give my money back and take this P.O.S to the wreckers. It's a shame that a company with such a great legacy has fallen from what it used to be. My next step is going to the local media if I can't get some sort of satisfaction.

In my opinion, this car is not worth the buy. This is just my opinion and my opinion only from personal experience. Thought I would share.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,632 Posts
The probability of this happening is very rare but yes it can happen... :( It is the worst thing that can happen to GM but it does happen.

1)Have you tried a different dealer?
2)Instead of the Media, find a lemon law lawyer

I am so sorry you are experiencing this amount of problems with the Cruze, specifically GM. I do believe your dealer should work harder with you and GM to solve this oderly. That response you received is really unacceptable. I would probably be more mad than you are right now.

Keep us updated on what happens, but like i stated, you should see a lemon law lawyer and get the compensation. I would not blame all of GM for this, you just really have bad luck (no offense).

·
Epic Beard Man
5,347 Posts
The probability of this happening is very rare but yes it can happen... :( It is the worst thing that can happen to GM but it does happen.

I am so sorry you are experiencing this amount of problems with the Cruze, specifically GM. I do believe your dealer should work harder with you and GM to solve this oderly. That response you received is really unacceptable. I would probably be more mad than you are right now.

Keep us updated on what happens, but like i stated, you should see a lemon law lawyer and get the compensation. I would not blame all of GM for this, you just really have bad luck (no offense).
For a minute there, I thought it was Jackie typing!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
iKermit,

That was great! We have learned a lot from you guys as well, including Sunline Fan.

One unhappy GM customer, please private message me your name, I can try to assist on our end to contact GM of Canada.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Super Moderator
7,353 Posts
Media is always a good option. They love a story like this - but kiss your anonymity away.

Did you buy from Nurse?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

iKermit. Thanks for your response. Unfortunately here in Canada there are no Lemon laws, believe me I've checked. And yes, the response from GM especially the second time around has been crap. Really disheartening since this is my first "new" car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Media is always a good option. They love a story like this - but kiss your anonymity away.

Did you buy from Nurse?
Tomko. Media seems to be the best course of action at this point. Before that, I'm trying to get an appointment with the owner of the dealership...still waiting for a response on that and waiting to hear back from CS in Oshawa. Not from Nurse, they are in Whitby. Dealer is central Oshawa.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
WOW! Just WOW!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.