Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my 20,000th CruzeTalk post. I first saw the Cruze at the 2011 Denver Auto Show and was very interested in the ECO MT trim. As I have posted elsewhere I’ve been a mild hyper-miler since I bought my first car in 1985 and have had my combined fuel economy exceed the EPA highway estimate on every car I’ve owned. I test drove a 2011 ECO MT and really liked the way the car drove. However, I walked away from that car because it didn’t have what I wanted. In January 2012 I test drove a 2012 ECO MT and the good folks at Ed Bozarth Chevrolet found exactly the trim I wanted. The salesman went to get the car the next day from a dealership in Colorado Springs so while I’m the original owner the car had about 120 miles on it at delivery. 81,000 miles later I’m still just as happy with this car as I was the day I drove it home. Later that spring I purchased a 2012 Cruze LS MT for my son. For long timers here that was Penguin LS. Penguin LS has had the clutch replaced – hint, pizza delivery in mountain towns isn’t conducive for long clutch life. My other son drove my ECO and when he replaced his Jeep Liberty he purchased a 2013 ECO MT. After a few minor modifications, my ECO MT is the near perfect car for me at my current stage in life.

I found CruzeTalk while searching for a site to learn more about my new Cruze. It was actually Travis’ thread on the 2011 clutch issues that attracted me to CruzeTalk. The posts, both by Travis and others were extremely clear and well thought out. I’ve seen a lot of changes on CruzeTalk, from XtremeRevolution’s spark plug research, various glycol odors and their solutions, multiple recalls, and in general an ever increasing knowledge base for maintaining and operating our Cruzen. What has been constant has been the clarity of thought and helpfulness of our members.

In the summer of 2012 XtremeRevolution was selected to be the site’s volunteer Administrator. He made several immediate changes, including putting a short lived Star Trek theme in place for avatars. This is how I ended up with tribbles as my avatar. We actually had a member start a post with “The Tribbles said…”

In late 2012 XtremeRevolution approached me about being a moderator. CruzeTalk had gone through several complete volunteer moderation staff turnovers in its first year and a half and XtremeRevolution was looking to spread out some of the workload. This is the only way to prevent burnout in the moderation team. I said yes. It is my sincerest hope that this decision has improved CruzeTalk. We have since recruited over a dozen moderators, allowing us the luxury of taking breaks from CruzeTalk and recharging our forum batteries.

A year later I was nominated to be a volunteer Administrator and the AutoGuide staff concurred. I now monitor for new Veteran’s tags, watch for high mileage Cruzen, and track the serious hyper-milers through our HyperCruzer program. My primary job on this site the past year and a half or so has been to award badges when members earned them. There are folks here who are far more technically knowledgeable and competent than I and I am constantly learning from them.

This site is more than just a car forum. We trade stories, joke, discuss politics, sometimes fight – basically everything an extended community will do. We do try to keep the fighting to a minimum. Above all we help each other with issues with their Cruze and celebrate each other’s successes and victories.

Along the way I’ve made several friends and interacted with unknown number of other people. I know my life has been enriched by this – I hope those who have come to know me have likewise been enriched.

To all you who have made this site what it is, I thank you. For the multitude of you who lurk, I say – sign up and join a great community. Above all, keep on Cruzen.

I’ll see you in Lordstown.

Fur Cat toy Wool Cat supply

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Congrats on the 20,000!

I am trying to make it to 200,000 (miles) as cheaply as possible. I'm not sure if I will make it there by the end of the year as originally planned, because I am really looking forward to getting into a 2017 hatch sooner than later.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
That's Nice of you to grant your own wish !

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Congratulations on the 20000th post and all you've accomplished here at CruzeTalk! Glad that you are here with us and moreso glad to call you forum friend here and friend to your face in Lordstown!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
20,000? I'm not sure if I should say congrats or call you a post hore. lol
I found cruze talk basically the same way. Wanted to learn about it especially with all this computer controlled crap on cars these days.

·
2,254 Posts
Congratulations! I appreciate the moderation here on CruzeTalk, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Many congratulations to you Ober on reaching this quite notable milestone!

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Congrats and look forward to meeting you at Lordstown this year. Give you hint I will be driving a car that looks like yours but has OHIO License plates with "PATMAN" on it. That's if my son doesn't kill it between now in then since he just got a job at Amazon and doesn't have his own car yet. Maybe get him an automatic Eco since he will be doing lots of hwy. driving?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats and look forward to meeting you at Lordstown this year. Give you hint I will be driving a car that looks like yours but has OHIO License plates with "PATMAN" on it. That's if my son doesn't kill it between now in then since he just got a job at Amazon and doesn't have his own car yet. Maybe get him an automatic Eco since he will be doing lots of hwy. driving?
The manual is far superior on the highway. If going automatic find a CTD.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
That was beautiful *cries*
Thanks for your dedication and hard work towards the forum and community in general.

Congrats on 20,000 posts. Here's to 20,000 more!

·
Administrator
15,756 Posts
Well done Mike. I can personally vouch for these 20,000 posts being quality posts, not spam fluff like I've seen on other forums. Mike has a great dedication to this community, and I'm looking forward to shaking hands again at Lordstown. Thanks for all the hard work.

As a bit of history for everyone else, when I became an admin, all other moderators had long been retired and were no longer active. Mike was the first person I chose to be a moderator, and he helped me select the other moderators that would make this community what it is today. I've never regretted that decision.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there an award for 20K? It looks like you have the rest of them....
Nope, just a number on the bottom of my avatar. Also, I don't have the one award I want, but I have less than 19,000 miles to getting it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Congrats! Well done!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Well done Mike. I can personally vouch for these 20,000 posts being quality posts, not spam fluff like I've seen on other forums. Mike has a great dedication to this community, and I'm looking forward to shaking hands again at Lordstown. Thanks for all the hard work.

As a bit of history for everyone else, when I became an admin, all other moderators had long been retired and were no longer active. Mike was the first person I chose to be a moderator, and he helped me select the other moderators that would make this community what it is today. I've never regretted that decision.
What, you mean he actually had posts more substantial than "SNICKERS"?

Just kidding. Congrats Mike - your contributions here have been very valuable to making this community what it is today.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Good Job, love your dedication.
It is things like that, I often I think about in my commute back and forth work, among other philosophical things. (I should be using that time to another language)
In the case of my time in the car in the past year was at least 430 hours or nearly 18 days of my life in just one of my vehicles.
In your case…. Imagine if those 20000 posts each average 15 minutes to generate, edit, evaluate, and edit again, that would be equal to 5000 hours… or 7 months out of the past 48.
In closing, your dedication, is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
The manual is far superior on the highway. If going automatic find a CTD.
Yep I know(he can drive a stick) like?(yes/no), for now if I don't drive him to work before I go to work for a little while, he will be using "mom's" car(2005 classic Malibu) and she wants a new/different car. Hard to say what will actually happen but........ He needs to start work first then we will figure it all out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts