Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevrolet just announced a 20% of MSRP cash rebate on 2014/2015 Cruze models in stock the longest (oldest 15% of dealer's inventory). The deal also applies to Camaro, Impala and Sonic. GM had a similar offer last month on select Buick and GMC models.

I'm surprised they included Cruze, which has sales up 11% YTD, and not Malibu which sales are down 7% YTD.

·
Registered
660 Posts
SOB I just bought my new cruze literally 36 days ago and now they offer this....:angry:

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Vehicles included in this type of deal always depends on unsold inventory, not overall sales.

For those of you who complain about resale value, figure this dropped your resale value 20% the moment it was announced. This is why I don't worry about resale value.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SOB I just bought my new cruze literally 36 days ago and now they offer this....:angry:
Unfortunately, rebates and incentives are often changing BUT the car you purchased may not have qualified anyway. The offer is only good on select aged inventory.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those of you who complain about resale value, figure this dropped your resale value 20% the moment it was announced. This is why I don't worry about resale value.
Not quite 20% as there have been other rebates in play already. I'm also not sure if there is any dealer contribution in the 20% i.e. can you still get additional dealer discounts on top of the 20% or is the price (discount) more set like supplier or employee pricing? Does anyone know?

I do agree that some worry too much about getting a rock bottom deal when what is "rock bottom" one month may be something very different the next.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this in addition to any other dealer rebates? How do you know if a car is qualified for this rebate
Offer disclaimer: Valid on the oldest 15% of inventory as of 12/16/14 while stock lasts. Not compatible with special finance, lease and some other offers. Take delivery by 1/2/15. See dealer for details.

As far as which cars qualify, that may require a call to your dealer. Some dealers may list the qualifying cars and discounts on their website.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,610 Posts
Unfortunately, rebates and incentives are often changing BUT the car you purchased may not have qualified anyway. The offer is only good on select aged inventory.
Mine probably would have been a good qualifier. It camped out on the dealer lot for like 6 months before I bought it - got it at a great price anyway, but factory incentives sure would have been nice!

Oh well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not quite 20% as there have been other rebates in play already. I'm also not sure if there is any dealer contribution in the 20% i.e. can you still get additional dealer discounts on top of the 20% or is the price (discount) more set like supplier or employee pricing? Does anyone know?

I do agree that some worry too much about getting a rock bottom deal when what is "rock bottom" one month may be something very different the next.
Worry too much? No I just choose to make financially smart decisions. Mine probably would of also been in this offer. The build of my car wasn't a typical "popular" one. So most of them sat for a long time.

However I still got **** of a deal considering I got employee pricing and 3,000 in rebates off of mine :p

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Mine was on the showroom floor =/ Guess I lose on this one lol

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
"Offer valid on the oldest 15% of inventory as of 12/16/14." Sounds like a loss leader tactic to me. If said dealership has 30 Cruzen in stock, there's only 4 qualified for this offer. If you don't like those, we have a couple dozen more you can chose from (at a completely different pricing scheme)

Sounds like the local Kia dealer's advertisements on TV and Radio. Example: A Forte for $99/mo, followed by 30 seconds of disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, 2 at this price (and they're not EX levels).

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I wonder how many CDTs will fall under this promotion.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I wonder how many CDTs will fall under this promotion.
Given the number of CDTs I've seen on the streets here (0), all of them.

Reactions: Dvan5693 and obermd

·
Registered
594 Posts
Our Diesel was only days old on the lot and we were the first to drive it, wasn't even prepped yet.
So it wouldn't have applied to us anyway. Don't know if I'd want a diesel that was constantly start/stopped for almost a year.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Our Diesel was only days old on the lot and we were the first to drive it, wasn't even prepped yet.
So it wouldn't have applied to us anyway. Don't know if I'd want a diesel that was constantly start/stopped for almost a year.
I agree - the CDTs that have been sitting on lots the longest seem to be the same ones with the most NOX sensor problems.

·
10,711 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Really 20% off meaning on a cash deal could purchase a $22K Cruze for $17.6? No other strings attached? Were saying $10K off on new Silverado, small print say with an eligible trade-in. Bottom line was only $2,500 off, and not much off a way overprice $44K pickup truck on a cash deal.

20% off on a $40K Buick didn't seem to be a good deal either, not much more room than a Cruze with all that worthless plastic chrome on the inside. Can only be purchased with an AT, and still had cruise and AC on it, ha, the only options I wanted.

Only laid out $3K for a brand new 65 Buick Electra, loaded, four door hardtop with AC, didn't have cruise back then so went aftermarket. One option I did miss was an AM-FM radio, just an AM, but manage to pick up a nice AM-FM radio that was OE from a wrecking yard for ten bucks.

Key problem with that car was ignition points and a point contact voltage regulator. Replaced that with solid state and put over 330 K miles on that car before I sold it. That was the car I had with a limited slip differential and studded snow tires. Outlawed studded snow tires and started salting the roads when body rust started to appear. Was also always a 20 mpg car until they dropped the speed limit to 55 mph, then it became a 18 mpg car.

Really hate the law. Never had problems with the AT or the AC over all those years, used all brass. Not only screwing us today with exorbitant vehicle prices, but also giving us junk.

A $40K Buick that is not even a close comparison to that 65 is 13.3 times the price, can tell you, my paycheck didn't increase a factor of 13.3 over that same time span. Then this car was made with a ton of manual labor, that is also history, automation machines kick out those parts faster than you can see them.

Also was during the Viet Nam era, that actually increased our economy with tons of jobs and no major debt afterwards. That POS Iraq war broke us. Mainly because our AH govenment exported all of our jobs. What a bunch of idiots running this country.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Worry too much? No I just choose to make financially smart decisions. Mine probably would of also been in this offer. The build of my car wasn't a typical "popular" one. So most of them sat for a long time.

However I still got **** of a deal considering I got employee pricing and 3,000 in rebates off of mine :p
Financially Smarter decision would be buying a year or two old car, still under warranty. typically a returned lease. in just as good of shape as new, with all of the initial depreciation payed by someone else.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Financially Smarter decision would be buying a year or two old car, still under warranty. typically a returned lease. in just as good of shape as new, with all of the initial depreciation payed by someone else.
Every comparable used Cruze ECO I found was either as much or more than what I payed for mine brand new and about to be out of the B2B warranty.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
660 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts