Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Really 20% off meaning on a cash deal could purchase a $22K Cruze for $17.6? No other strings attached? Were saying $10K off on new Silverado, small print say with an eligible trade-in. Bottom line was only $2,500 off, and not much off a way overprice $44K pickup truck on a cash deal.

20% off on a $40K Buick didn't seem to be a good deal either, not much more room than a Cruze with all that worthless plastic chrome on the inside. Can only be purchased with an AT, and still had cruise and AC on it, ha, the only options I wanted.

Only laid out $3K for a brand new 65 Buick Electra, loaded, four door hardtop with AC, didn't have cruise back then so went aftermarket. One option I did miss was an AM-FM radio, just an AM, but manage to pick up a nice AM-FM radio that was OE from a wrecking yard for ten bucks.

Key problem with that car was ignition points and a point contact voltage regulator. Replaced that with solid state and put over 330 K miles on that car before I sold it. That was the car I had with a limited slip differential and studded snow tires. Outlawed studded snow tires and started salting the roads when body rust started to appear. Was also always a 20 mpg car until they dropped the speed limit to 55 mph, then it became a 18 mpg car.

Really hate the law. Never had problems with the AT or the AC over all those years, used all brass. Not only screwing us today with exorbitant vehicle prices, but also giving us junk.

A $40K Buick that is not even a close comparison to that 65 is 13.3 times the price, can tell you, my paycheck didn't increase a factor of 13.3 over that same time span. Then this car was made with a ton of manual labor, that is also history, automation machines kick out those parts faster than you can see them.

Also was during the Viet Nam era, that actually increased our economy with tons of jobs and no major debt afterwards. That POS Iraq war broke us. Mainly because our AH govenment exported all of our jobs. What a bunch of idiots running this country.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Drove through my nearest Honda and Toyota dealers last night. ha, maybe because my check engine light was on. Literally saw hundreds of new cars for sale at each one.

So how come they are not having a huge sale? Just pushing reduced interest charges.

RV dealers are really overloaded with camping trailers, getting to the point where they are going to have to start stacking these things. And nothing a Cruze could pull, but suppose a guy could mount a pup tent on a light utility trailer.

But then what camping trailer parks are charging a day, darn near cheaper to stay in a motel. Those 5th wheelers would need at least a Silverado 3500 to pull them. But yet these RV dealers are getting more and more camping trailers.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
A friend wants to buy a Subaru, in Madison, would have have to order an Outback, but told me the dealer has used in stock for 300 bucks less than a new one with already 27,000 miles on it. In Wausau, dealer won't give him a firm quote, wonder how these guys stay in business.

His wife wants to be able to pull a trailer, suggested he pay 3,000 bucks extra for the horizontal six, because you can't pull anything with that four. But will pay a steep penalty in fuel cost. Also recommended the six because it has a timing chain. four is still using a rubber band with an interference engine.

Also know that Subaru's are notorious for head gasket problems, not too bad to replace, but sure doesn't hurt the resale value. Ha, I love working on aircraft horizontal engines, remove the cowling with a couple of screws, and every part is accessible. And you don't have to bend over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.