Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevrolet just announced a 20% of MSRP cash rebate on 2014/2015 Cruze models in stock the longest (oldest 15% of dealer's inventory). The deal also applies to Camaro, Impala and Sonic. GM had a similar offer last month on select Buick and GMC models.

I'm surprised they included Cruze, which has sales up 11% YTD, and not Malibu which sales are down 7% YTD.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those of you who complain about resale value, figure this dropped your resale value 20% the moment it was announced. This is why I don't worry about resale value.
Not quite 20% as there have been other rebates in play already. I'm also not sure if there is any dealer contribution in the 20% i.e. can you still get additional dealer discounts on top of the 20% or is the price (discount) more set like supplier or employee pricing? Does anyone know?

I do agree that some worry too much about getting a rock bottom deal when what is "rock bottom" one month may be something very different the next.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this in addition to any other dealer rebates? How do you know if a car is qualified for this rebate
Offer disclaimer: Valid on the oldest 15% of inventory as of 12/16/14 while stock lasts. Not compatible with special finance, lease and some other offers. Take delivery by 1/2/15. See dealer for details.

As far as which cars qualify, that may require a call to your dealer. Some dealers may list the qualifying cars and discounts on their website.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
"Offer valid on the oldest 15% of inventory as of 12/16/14." Sounds like a loss leader tactic to me. If said dealership has 30 Cruzen in stock, there's only 4 qualified for this offer. If you don't like those, we have a couple dozen more you can chose from (at a completely different pricing scheme)
It's just another way to clear out old inventory. Chevrolet is offering higher incentives on older stock models vs. newer stock models. This sort of thing happens every year around leftover time and dealer inventories will always vary. Some dealers stock a lot of cars, some few, some will have more leftovers than others, etc. etc.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Financially Smarter decision would be buying a year or two old car, still under warranty. typically a returned lease. in just as good of shape as new, with all of the initial depreciation payed by someone else.
Financially speaking, I agree. GM's CPO program, at least on paper (no deductible, free scheduled maintenance, etc.), seem pretty good too. A year old Cruze 1LT can often be had for around $13k-$14k compared to at least $16,600 for a brand new one for 20% off.

Buying brand new is still more appealing, and worth the extra money, to many though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Also buying a leased vehicle? That's a great idea......said no one ever. Do you know how the majority of people treat lease vehicles? Like they don't give a sh*t about them. No thanks.
I disagree that the majority of people treat their lease vehicles like they don't care. Most people want to make sure their car remains reliable, nice looking, etc. during their term of use and want to avoid being charged for repairs at lease end. Sure, there are always some that don't treat their cars well but that's going to be the case whether it's a leased car or a financed/purchased car.

Lease returns are inspected for visible external (including tires) and internal damage as well as any apparent mechanical/engine/transmission issues. The inspections are typically much more thorough than a dealership trade-in appraisal.

Buying any used car is a risk but I don’t think lease returns are necessarily any worse than customer trade-ins or FSBOs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Drove through my nearest Honda and Toyota dealers last night. ha, maybe because my check engine light was on. Literally saw hundreds of new cars for sale at each one.

So how come they are not having a huge sale? Just pushing reduced interest charges.
Honda (Happy Honda Days) and Toyota (Toyotathon) are having "huge sales" and they're not just pushing reduced interest charges. Honda, especially, and Toyota tend to use dealer cash incentives more than in your face customer rebates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.