Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in for tint tomorrow afternoon. On the fence about how dark to go. Needing some persuasion. Any pics or opinions appreciated.

·
2,170 Posts
I went with 35% ceramic 3M tint all he way around because that's the lowest legal tint I can get in TN. Honestly I wouldn't want to go any darker because it's already slightly more difficult to see out of at night. The close up picture doesn't do the darkness true justice because the sun is beaming directly into the windows. I love it. Hope this helps, sorry I don't have any better pictures for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you have a black interior go lighter with the 35% the interior will compensate for it trust me my car came with 35% and for the first month I thought my rear window was 20% or lower because of the black back deck if you have a lighter interior go darker

·
2,170 Posts
If you have a black interior go lighter with the 35% the interior will compensate for it trust me my car came with 35% and for the first month I thought my rear window was 20% or lower because of the black back deck if you have a lighter interior go darker
That is a really good point, I didn't even consider how the interior color would affect how the tint looks.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Getting mine done tomorrow as well, looking forward to it. I have a black car and black leather, hoping it helps keep it cooler.

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. I have the jet black interior. I will probably just go 35. The shop I'm going to uses 3M film supposed to reduce heat by 47% or something. Looking forward to that for sure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've always had 35% on my vehicles because 20% is not legal on the front windows in my state, and I also find that even 35% is borderline too dark at night. Only issue I have is that 35% on the rear has an annoying grey area where at night, lights in the rearview mirror are still a bit too bright, but flipping it down makes it too dark to see anything.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would suggest 20% on the sides and 35% on the backlite. I've always done my back glass dark and it's a drag trying to see out of it at night to back up. If that's not a concern then darker is better!!!! I would also strongly suggest getting 3M film!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have 35. Think it goes perfectly with my black car with a black interior.

Btw, don't buy a black car with a black interior.
I hear what you're sayin', but I always seem to end up with at least one in the garage! For what it's worth, some smarter folks than I have told me not to drink tequila too.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'd go as low as you can, while still being legal. Here in IL it's 35% all around. I have a black Cruze with black interior and 35% is what I went with; it's pretty much perfect.

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Don't forget that your car already has a light factory tint on the windows so 35% will actually be more like 28%-30% when applied. I also have the 35% all around and am perfectly happy with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I would suggest 20% on the sides and 35% on the backlite. I've always done my back glass dark and it's a drag trying to see out of it at night to back up. If that's not a concern then darker is better!!!! I would also strongly suggest getting 3M film!
Rear backup camera works great. So rear window is not a concern

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Getting mine done tomorrow as well, looking forward to it. I have a black car and black leather, hoping it helps keep it cooler.
I have Tungsten Metallic with Jet Black interior and need to tint mine soon too... I am leaning toward 20% or darker in the rear and 35% or darker up front...

We had a Black on Black Nissan Maxima years ago that we bought new and we did double limo across the rears with limo on the fronts and sun strip with 90% titanium tint the rest of the way down the windshield! The car was DARK, but looked AWESOME! Now we have a rear view camera in the Cruze so we can go very dark in the rear without visibility issues when backing up...

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
20% all aound was perfect for me. Black/Red interior. In the woods through the rear windshield can be tough, but no other complaints. It has lightened up to maybe 25% over the last 2 years (or my mind is playing tricks on me to make me make them darker)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Go with the tint guys suggestion. 20 rear and 35 front

·
2,170 Posts
@BoostedBowtie How did the tint turn out? What % did you end up getting, and do you have any pictures of it yet? :D

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have Tungsten Metallic with Jet Black interior and need to tint mine soon too... I am leaning toward 20% or darker in the rear and 35% or darker up front...

We had a Black on Black Nissan Maxima years ago that we bought new and we did double limo across the rears with limo on the fronts and sun strip with 90% titanium tint the rest of the way down the windshield! The car was DARK, but looked AWESOME! Now we have a rear view camera in the Cruze so we can go very dark in the rear without visibility issues when backing up...
35% is what I did in cermaic and wow what a difference in heat transfer, not hot here today but very sunny and it is so much cooler while driving. Can't go more tint in Indiana and be legal. I think it will be enough and looks really nice, my guy has been doing this for 30 years.

Reactions: Chris Tobin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its 35% here in mass too that's what I have and it's the first time I've had legal tints on any of my cars and I have no complaints the jet black interior definitely helps a lot though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.