Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you Chevrolet and Chevy Cruze Forum members!

With help from the numerous FAQs and posts on this forum, my 2011 Cruze Eco MT has passed the 200,000-mile mark. It runs great, everything works* like new and it has zero leaks. My lifetime fuel economy has been 37 mpg in mixed city and highway driving.

Car Speedometer Auto part Vehicle Odometer

Some original parts on the car:

• Clutch
  • Wheel bearings
  • Rear brakes
  • Battery

These cars seem to have a few common issues that are relatively inexpensive to repair. Some parts that I have replaced:

• Water pump (leaking)
  • Coolant water outlet (cracked/leaking)
  • Surge tank and cap (leaking)
  • Cam seals (leaking)
  • Turbo oil feed tube (leaking at O-ring)
  • Oil cooler (leaking)
  • Oil pan (leaking)
  • Valve cover (PCV)

Mods:

• ZZP mid pipe
  • ACDelco 10-4037 BOT 303 trans fluid (2012+ factory fill) filled to 2.3 qts

Looking forward to the next 200,000 miles!

*The trunk release button on the deck lid hasn't worked for a long time. It's on the to-do list for Spring.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. You're the 4th member to reach 200,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum and 200k is very impressive, well done.

Do you do the maintenance on your Cruze or someone else?

What type of oil and oil change interval do you follow?

Again, welcome!

Reactions: Chevy_Country

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm very interested in regular preventative maintenance, driving habits, (average rpms while accelerating from stop, how much highway/city driving done these sort of things)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Do you do the maintenance on your Cruze or someone else?

What type of oil and oil change interval do you follow?
Hi IndyDiesel,

Thanks for the welcome.

I perform the maintenance myself when possible. I bought most of the parts from GM Parts Now in Grand Rapids, Source One Auto Parts in Kalamazoo, or Amazon.

I followed the DIC Oil Life monitor and the average interval was 10,283 miles. Oil was usually ACDelco dexos 5W-30.

I read recently that the Oil Life interval was changed in 2013 so I'm planning to decrease the interval for the next 200,000 :). I am also considering using a high-mileage oil like Mobil 1 High Mileage with higher phosphorus and zinc levels.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Hi IndyDiesel,

Thanks for the welcome.

I perform the maintenance myself when possible. I bought most of the parts from GM Parts Now in Grand Rapids, Source One Auto Parts in Kalamazoo, or Amazon.

I followed the DIC Oil Life monitor and the average interval was 10,283 miles. Oil was usually ACDelco dexos 5W-30.

I read recently that the Oil Life interval was changed in 2013 so I'm planning to decrease the interval for the next 200,000 :). I am also considering using a high-mileage oil like Mobil 1 High Mileage with higher phosphorus and zinc levels.
Very good. I think they did change oil interval to shorten it. When I had a 14 eco manual I think it was closer to 7500 mile interval. Any oil consumption between to changes? What sort of interval are you using on the manual transmission and fluid? We have had several members here with that transmission and had some issues and some warranty replacements as I recall. I think it had to do with the factory not putting enough fluid in and caused some synchro issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any oil consumption between to changes? What sort of interval are you using on the manual transmission and fluid? We have had several members here with that transmission and had some issues and some warranty replacements as I recall. I think it had to do with the factory not putting enough fluid in and caused some synchro issues.
I haven't noticed any oil consumption attributable to burning oil. Before I replaced the turbo oil feed line, it was pumping oil out of the engine pretty badly. After fixing that, it was still leaking which turned out to be the oil cooler.

I only changed the trans fluid once (last year) and I filled it to the new, higher recommended level. I recently read that changing it every 45,000 miles is recommended.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm very interested in regular preventative maintenance, driving habits, (average rpms while accelerating from stop, how much highway/city driving done these sort of things)
The mileage is about 70% highway and 30% city and I followed the Scheduled Maintenance in the manual.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The mileage is about 70% highway and 30% city and I followed the Scheduled Maintenance in the manual.
I have a 2011 ltz 1.4t, I'm trying to learn both how to perform the work I don't already know but also what I can do behind the wheel to keep her on the road, when the next gen came out I lost all equity I had left lol so I'm stuck ! I only have 46k on it. I put about 7 thousand a year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Congrats on 200K! Welcome, and thanks for sharing!

Reactions: fuelmax

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 2011 ltz 1.4t, I'm trying to learn both how to perform the work I don't already know but also what I can do behind the wheel to keep her on the road, when the next gen came out I lost all equity I had left lol so I'm stuck ! I only have 46k on it. I put about 7 thousand a year
Hello Chevy_Country,

With the low miles you are putting on your Cruze, you shouldn't need to worry about wearing it out. If something breaks, get it repaired soon because failures in one part or system can sometimes damage other parts if you keep driving the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum fuelmax, and congrats on the 200,000 mi mark. Personally I love seeing high mileage Cruzes, gives me hope mine will be problem free for a long time oh and thanks for posting the maintenance/repair details.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum fuelmax, and congrats on the 200,000 mi mark. Personally I love seeing high mileage Cruzes, gives me hope mine will be problem free for a long time oh and thanks for posting the maintenance/repair details.
We have member who has over 400,000 miles on his 2012 ECO MT. He knows someone else who has over 500,000 miles on his Cruze. They're both inter-city couriers so they spend a lot of time on the highway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I wanted to see if you had an update on your cruze. Any further issues, etc. I have one at just under 144,000. Purchased it at 100k. I have taken great care of it and not had any major problems in my 3 years of owning. I wanted to see if I should "get out now" and try to trade it in for some value while there is some left. Or drive it into the ground. Without knowing what happened on the first 100k (like me) do you think If I continue great maintenance I could get to 200k? Beyond? Thank you so much for your time and help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.